Ever Had A Kicking Fae Yer Maw? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ever Had A Kicking Fae Yer Maw?

Ma maw chased me with a rolling pin once. Straight out the door and down the street. Could hardly run through laughing lol. She only stopped chasing me when she got to a pair of old lady's on there way back from church

Ma maw chased me with a rolling pin once. Straight out the door and down the street.

I've only ever seen that in the Beano. Three questions:

Was she wearing baffies and an apron?

Were her sleeves rolled up?

Had you stolen a freshly baked pie that she'd left on an open windowsill to cool?

Had you stolen a freshly baked pie that she'd left on an open windowsill to cool?

I'll answer my assault:

Baffies, nae apron

Yes

Nae pie involvement

The glazier's coming roon in an hour to fix the door.

Nice to see a thread about the good old days, when hitting misbehaving weans was allowed, and not called child abuse.

Many's the time I would get a skelp in the heid aff my maw, and told "I don't care how wet it is your still going to school", or booted up the erse aff my dad for being a wee scumbag (which I was at times), these days some do gooder would be phoning the Polis to report them, but back then it was called strict parenting, and I don't think it did me any harm, (However the psychological harm, my father inflicted upon me, when he bought me my first season ticket, to watch Rangers in the early 80's, has scared me for life)

I always bring up the time, my mother tried to hit me with sweeping brush - again didnt help at time i was laughing - she is only about 5 foot 2 - reminds of the time she took the sulk and drove off to her mothers (circa 78) cos us kids and my dad wouldnt let her watch the Sound of Music on TV - cant remember what we wanted to watch

I always bring up the time, my mother tried to hit me with sweeping brush - again didnt help at time i was laughing - she is only about 5 foot 2 - reminds of the time she took the sulk and drove off to her mothers (circa 78) cos us kids and my dad wouldnt let her watch the Sound of Music on TV - cant remember what we wanted to watch

That was very cruel - cooked, cleaned, washed and ironed for you and you wouldn't even let her watch the Sound of Music!

Edited by Charlie Endell

No baffies but did have an apron on, na she had a t-shirt on and no the apple pie was still in the oven lol. Think I had been taking the proverbial and pushed it to far. We still have a good laugh about it today was one of those moments in a family that will always be remembered