Clark Carlisle - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Selfish ' is exactly what I thought when I read the story today. I can't claim to understand depression (even though my missus thinks I suffer mildly from it at times but I'm too feart to really dig into it tbh) and maybe it's a bit harsh, but Carlisle directly contributed to the guy's death.

Yeah exaclty, its not as straight as that but its a thought in these circumstances.

I know its not as simple as that really, but ig carlisle wanted to take his own life he could have done it in a way which didnt put anyone else in danger for a start.

Not saying suicide is selfish in itself.

'Selfish ' is exactly what I thought when I read the story today. I can't claim to understand depression (even though my missus thinks I suffer mildly from it at times but I'm too feart to really dig into it tbh) and maybe it's a bit harsh, but Carlisle directly contributed to the guy's death.

Suicide will always result in trauma for those that discover the body no matter how it's accomplished.

Suicide will always result in trauma for those that discover the body no matter how it's accomplished.

Of course it will, but it doesnt make him jumping in front of a truck any better. The guy driving the truck has to deal with it too, and all he was doing was working.

Of course it will, but it doesnt make him jumping in front of a truck any better. The guy driving the truck has to deal with it too, and all he was doing was working.

Sorry yes totally agree there. I referring more to the fact it's been a passer-by who seems to have been affected most.

Sorry yes totally agree there. I referring more to the fact it's been a passer-by who seems to have been affected most.

Edit. Didn't read post properly.

Edited by aaid

Yes which is also a complete tragedy. I know its probably not really in the mind of someone who hates life so much they want out, but i also feel people who really want out make sure it happens.

I know someone who`s dad committed suicide by jumping in front of a train years ago and that devastated the driver and his family.The driver never worked again as far as i know especially as he knew the person who jumped in front of him.So in many respects the lorry driver is lucky that clarke carlisle survived otherwise he would have had a death to deal with although still devastating.

I know someone who`s dad committed suicide by jumping in front of a train years ago and that devastated the driver and his family.The driver never worked again as far as i know especially as he knew the person who jumped in front of him.So in many respects the lorry driver is lucky that clarke carlisle survived otherwise he would have had a death to deal with although still devastating.

Aye but in the same way its cost the life of another young man who sadly witnessed it.