Hands Aff - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Great news.

Too many times in the past we were guilty of allowing contracts to run out and players to leave for feck all.....especially encouraging that Rooney and McGinn are happy to stay.

Goodwillie next, hopefully.

Good work from AFC ..... again.

Seems a bit weird typing that but by f*ck we are being run in a very professional manner these days.

George Yule and Derek McInnes have moved the club onto a different level in that respect.

Just shows what happens when a club gets it right.

AFC and the key players at the club seem to be very good fit for each other just now.

Long may it continue.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

Good work from AFC ..... again.

Seems a bit weird typing that but by f*ck we are being run in a very professional manner these days.

George Yule and Derek McInnes have moved the club onto a different level in that respect.

Just shows what happens when a club gets it right.

AFC and the key players at the club seem to be very good fit for each other just now.

Long may it continue.

It's slightly eerie seeing us being as well run these days. You canna help but wait for an imminent disaster.

It's slightly eerie seeing us being as well run these days. You canna help but wait for an imminent disaster.

I know, next we will be palming off Birmingham and Celtic for Shinnie's signature.....

Admittedly, I can't see it due to the wages issue, but two very strange clubs to be linking themselves with him all the same. Birmingham because it sounds like his brother hasn't had a great time there so G Shinnie will be well versed in the negatives (although I'm sure he's his own man) and Celtic because they are pretty much linking themselves to anyone at the moment.

What about John Ringo ?

Pursuing a solo career.

Where is that coming from?

Has he been playing recently for the U20s?

Going round the Celtic boards and George's instagram account. He's currently training with Aberdeen. Celtic are happy to let him go for nothing. He was a very talented youth team player prior to getting a horror injury in a game vs. Rangers. Don't know if he's been playing for Celtic's Under 20s recently, Hamilton had him on loan last season only to have him on the bench most of the time. Does have a reputation for being a bit of a Griffiths/Riordan character off the pitch however.

Johnny (Johnny) Hayes and andy considine have also signed new contracts, until 2018 & 2017 respectively.

Hopefully Jack is next. :ok:

Whilst it is obviously sensible to tie up young promising players on longer contracts to protect resale values the lengthy deals handed out to the likes of Langford,Considine and Reynolds to name but three make none on age and/or ability grounds. Who is going to buy these players? It is just eating up budget for the next few seasons.

Whilst it is obviously sensible to tie up young promising players on longer contracts to protect resale values the lengthy deals handed out to the likes of Langford,Considine and Reynolds to name but three make none on age and/or ability grounds. Who is going to buy these players? It is just eating up budget for the next few seasons.

The deal given to Langfield last season was to cover this season and next, I don't see where there is an issue with that.

As for Reynolds, are you serious?

No idea who Langford is ???

Reynolds is only 27 and could theoretically be a future target for Celtic or Rangers.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

I assume you mean langfield...

I wouldn't have extended his contract. I can totally understand signing Reynolds and considine though. Both are very good SPFL premiership level players.

It's not always about protecting losing players for nothing, it's about building a team, showing it's going to be kept together and therefore ensuring everyone buys in to what is trying to be achieved.