Another Chance To Boo Gstq. - Page 4 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Another Chance To Boo Gstq.

Robroysboy

Shame..... its affecting rational thought in your case.....

Nah,there's plenty fowk that are filled with embarrassment at the sight of uj waving fannies and their accepted state of subservience.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah,there's plenty fowk that are filled with embarrassment at the sight of uj waving fannies and their accepted state of subservience.

Plenty don't like it..... true

But, we all don't sing from the same hymn sheet.... you just need to accept that, drop the petulant child act and move on.....

There a good Bzzzzzz..... :lol:

I'll be booing like its the annual Festival of Dionysia in Athens. Like the Ancient Greeks i see it as a civic duty to perhaps prod (no pun intended) the Northern Irish and perhaps vicariously the English to adopt songs requiring more than two functioning neurons to come up with.

Right lads for football purposes we're not the UK we're 4 separate entities , 2 of the 4 pick the song that covers the sum not the individual parts.

By booing i'm hoping to convey the sheer absurdity/arrogance,lack of any originality in using God Save the Queen.

Edited by phart

I'll be booing like its the annual Festival of Dionysia in Athens. Like the Ancient Greeks i see it as a civic duty to perhaps prod (no pun intended) the Northern Irish and perhaps vicariously the English to adopt songs requiring more than two functioning neurons to come up with.

Right lads for football purposes we're not the UK we're 4 separate entities , 2 of the 4 pick the song that covers the sum not the individual parts.

By booing i'm hoping to convey the sheer absurdity/arrogance,lack of any originality in using God Save the Queen.

I think the change to a specific NI is coming...... Not before time in my opinion

I think the change to a specific NI is coming...... Not before time in my opinion

Would be a good move, but i have my doubts. Has there been any statements/campaigns/moves in that direction lately?

Surely the same numpties who rioted over the UJ losing its permanent position over the city hall in Belfast would be out on the streets causing havoc again?

Would be a good move, but i have my doubts. Has there been any statements/campaigns/moves in that direction lately?

Surely the same numpties who rioted over the UJ losing its permanent position over the city hall in Belfast would be out on the streets causing havoc again?

It has been raised..... the main NI fans forum are pushing for it also...... its outdated, half the players have their heads down when it is played, I honestly think in a few years time it could well change......

I couldnt give a monkeys chuff about the fleg protesters, or their opinions, most who attend Windsor wouldn't either......

Unfortunately, not all would be up for change, but, thats life.

It has been raised..... the main NI fans forum are pushing for it also...... its outdated, half the players have their heads down when it is played, I honestly think in a few years time it could well change......

I couldnt give a monkeys chuff about the fleg protesters, or their opinions, most who attend Windsor wouldn't either......

Unfortunately, not all would be up for change, but, thats life.

I think it would be a positive move. Add a bit of pride to representation rather than division driven by those happy with their accepted state of subservience.

I think it would be a positive move. Add a bit of pride to representation rather than division driven by those happy with their accepted state of subservience.

you started well Bzzzzzz......... then, back to nonsense........

but you hit the nail on the head at the start, to get the pride going from the start we need an all inclusive anthem, something all our players and supporters can get behind. Not just a section of the support.

Another problem with GSTQ is in the middle of it there are a section of ballbegs, who feel the need to shout 'No Surrender' .........

We have a mixed team and mixed support, this crap isn't necessary.

Time for change.

you started well Bzzzzzz......... then, back to nonsense........

but you hit the nail on the head at the start, to get the pride going from the start we need an all inclusive anthem, something all our players and supporters can get behind. Not just a section of the support.

Another problem with GSTQ is in the middle of it there are a section of ballbegs, who feel the need to shout 'No Surrender' .........

We have a mixed team and mixed support, this crap isn't necessary.

Time for change.

I appreciate your honesty newtonards, I have met a fair few northen irelands fans. The most contact I had was in the Carling cup in dublin.

I would say 95% of support I met were very freindly and could chat with them. We wished each other well and I enjoyed the banter. However there was also a nasty sectarian element to your support (who took exception to me wearing a lepricon hat with orange beard) and its interesting to note that you also have concerns about them also. Don't get me wrong not all of our support is perfect but we don't have the same level of sectarian issues that unfortunately you have.

Again I wish you a pleasant journey to Glasgow it sounds as if you are one of the 95%. :ok:

I appreciate your honesty newtonards, I have met a fair few northen irelands fans. The most contact I had was in the Carling cup in dublin.

I would say 95% of support I met were very freindly and could chat with them. We wished each other well and I enjoyed the banter. However there was also a nasty sectarian element to your support (who took exception to me wearing a lepricon hat with orange beard) and its interesting to note that you also have concerns about them also. Don't get me wrong not all of our support is perfect but we don't have the same level of sectarian issues that unfortunately you have.

Again I wish you a pleasant journey to Glasgow it sounds as if you are one of the 95%. :ok:

Cheers..... appreciate it.

We do have ballbags in our support. .... its unfortunate for us as they make us all look bad, hence some of the comments.

But we have also come a long way in recent years try to stamp out sectarianism.

You don't hear sectarian songs at Windsor these days, though I accept some would love a sash bash in the middle of a game.

The 'No Surrender' during GSTQ doesn't help our cause though. We need a change.

Cheers..... appreciate it.

We do have ballbags in our support. .... its unfortunate for us as they make us all look bad, hence some of the comments.

But we have also come a long way in recent years try to stamp out sectarianism.

You don't hear sectarian songs at Windsor these days, though I accept some would love a sash bash in the middle of a game.

The 'No Surrender' during GSTQ doesn't help our cause though. We need a change.

Hi newton,

Please explain your signature " NI british champs"

Is it because you beat engerland in a european qualifier at windsor park ?

Ian wrights face was a peach that night, he spat the dummy like a spoiled child.

" we hate ian wright, he's a p@@f!" The new jimmy hill lol

Hi newton,

Please explain your signature " NI british champs"

Is it because you beat engerland in a european qualifier at windsor park ?

Ian wrights face was a peach that night, he spat the dummy like a spoiled child.

" we hate ian wright, he's a p@@f!" The new jimmy hill lol

You must be younger than I thought.....

Back in the day England, Scotland, Wales and NI competed in a British Championship. ...... not sure if this was a yearly competition or every two years..... but both England and Scotland decided to bin it ( from memory)

We won the last one..... maybe in or around 1982.

As for the England match..... 2005 I believe.

Best night I've had at Windsor. .... not just the result, but I also had nipped into the bookies and took NI 1-0 with Healy scoring. .....

Nice wee lift of £500.

Did you ever see george best play for NI newton ?

He'd be by his best by 1982 i reckon. Used to work in edinburgh and my old boss seen him play at easter road ( but only if they could get him out the pub!)

No...... first NI match was against Malta in 88

Seen GB in a testimonial.....

Think he only played around 30 odd times for us.

You must be younger than I thought.....

Back in the day England, Scotland, Wales and NI competed in a British Championship. ...... not sure if this was a yearly competition or every two years..... but both England and Scotland decided to bin it ( from memory)

We won the last one..... maybe in or around 1982.

As for the England match..... 2005 I believe.

Best night I've had at Windsor. .... not just the result, but I also had nipped into the bookies and took NI 1-0 with Healy scoring. .....

Nice wee lift of £500.

The last British Championships "Home Internationals" finished in the 1983/4 season. Northern Ireland did win the last one hence the bragging rights "Reigning British Champions" and until if ever there is a new Championships Northern Ireland will forever remain British Champions. From memory England put a stop to it as they were understandably afraid to play in Belfast because of the I.R.A. threat. Northern Ireland had a great team then. 1982 and 1986 World Cup finals and British Champions

The last British Championships "Home Internationals" finished in the 1983/4 season. Northern Ireland did win the last one hence the bragging rights "Reigning British Champions" and until if ever there is a new Championships Northern Ireland will forever remain British Champions. From memory England put a stop to it as they were understandably afraid to play in Belfast because of the I.R.A. threat. Northern Ireland had a great team then. 1982 and 1986 World Cup finals and British Champions

Team included a gentleman named norman whiteside, youngest player to compete in a world cup.

Record was previously held by pele.

Team included a gentleman named norman whiteside, youngest player to compete in a world cup.

Record was previously held by pele.

Also youngest to score in the English League Cup final I think? Can't think that record has been broken has it?

Looking forward to welcoming the Norn Irish fans over, cracking bunch in my experience. Think it should be quite a tight game although I would fancy us to win by the odd goal.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever see george best play for NI newton ?

He'd be by his best by 1982 i reckon. Used to work in edinburgh and my old boss seen him play at easter road ( but only if they could get him out the pub!)

Do you not support Motherwell? I saw him play at Fir Park for some American mob. Joe Wark rings a bell - might have been his testimonial.