Another Chance To Boo Gstq. - Page 5 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Another Chance To Boo Gstq.

Robroysboy

Do you not support Motherwell? I saw him play at Fir Park for some American mob. Joe Wark rings a bell - might have been his testimonial.

Yes but Joe Wark was before my time unforunately. I would have love the opportunity to see him and George Best. I think they had a motherwell select vs Old frim select game for Joe's testimonial. I am quite friendly with Joe and went to school with his sons. He is a gentleman and always happy to chat.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever see george best play for NI newton ?

He'd be by his best by 1982 i reckon. Used to work in edinburgh and my old boss seen him play at easter road ( but only if they could get him out the pub!)

I can mind my dad taking me to Ibrox to see Best play for Hibs, must have been about 79 or 80. Can mind being in the old Centenary Stand but that's all.

• 1 month later...

ulsterscot many memories there, went to Somerdale school,remember seeing gb playing at Windsor park many times when I was a boy, I got a birthday card for my eleventh birthday in 1970 a picture of George and signed by him wishing me a happy birthday, ( my mum knew his mum anne} still have the card to this day, spoke to pat Jennings in Dublin just b4 the carling cup game with northern Ireland said Gb was the best player he had ever seen in that era. but some of the guys in the game these days are something special. didn't know norman whiteside personally although he lived not to far from me he was about 6 years younger than me

ulsterscot many memories there, went to Somerdale school,remember seeing gb playing at Windsor park many times when I was a boy, I got a birthday card for my eleventh birthday in 1970 a picture of George and signed by him wishing me a happy birthday, ( my mum knew his mum anne} still have the card to this day, spoke to pat Jennings in Dublin just b4 the carling cup game with northern Ireland said Gb was the best player he had ever seen in that era. but some of the guys in the game these days are something special. didn't know norman whiteside personally although he lived not to far from me he was about 6 years younger than me

Re norman whiteside, did he no fall foul of Fergie at old trafford. I seem to recall him being caught up in the "drinking club" along with Paul McGraugh.