The Conservative & Labour Party - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Conservative & Labour Party

www.wingsoverscotland.com/the-conservative-and-labour-party/

The SNP have declared "no coalition with the Tories" in the event of a hung parliament GE 2015 - unlike Labour.

Clearly, the Scottish Branch of Labour collaborated with their Tory allies to ensure Dave Cameron stayed in power in London. Labour far preferred Tory London rule to self-government for Scotland. Particularly, a centre-left Scotland.

So. How far fetched is a Tory/Labour coalition next year ? Wingsoverscotland articulate their views in the attached article. Tongue in cheek ? Mibbes.

Join up the dots. Labour have been centre-right neo-liberal since Tory Blair took power. They are pro-nukes. They are pro-banks and pro-corporations. They are pro-austerity and believe Scotland is a "something for nothing culture". A toilet papers width of difference from their Tory allies policies.

What's the incentive for a Tory/Labour coalition ? Power. Loads of power. The City would love it. USA & Israel would love it. NATO would love it. The Liberals did it. Why not Labour ?

Fact or fiction ? :ok::yikes3::cheers3:

The UK would end up in a dictatorship. I don't know why all the power hunters and gravy trainers never thought about this before...

I think they possibly have. Everyone knows there is barely a fag paper between Labour and the Tories these days but each party presents itself as an alternative to the other.

That's why they hate - like, actually hate - smaller parties like the SNP, especially when they gain any traction, because they pose a threat to their wee duopoly.

Voters would desert them in their droves...

Yep. Unfortunately for those poor sods down south, Labour, as the least worse option, are their only realistic hope.

On the other hand, I don't think a Labour/Tory coalition at Holyrood is beyond the realms of possibility.

I said on another message board, I recon we will have a good few years of perpetual coalitions, both forming up and falling, and elections being called left right and center.

Minority governments, etc.

The plusses are that we would have to have genuine concensus politics.

However the negatives are that major decision making will be stifiled. It will show Labour for what they have become (Red tories).

J

Took me a lot of self restraint to not abuse Jim Murphy as he walked through my work at the Airport today.

Reminds me of when Darling was waltzing through Edin Airport with his security flunkies one day and one of the Heb guys called out to him and got his attention. "Tell that khunt Seb Coe he's a donkey g obbler," The bar was in stitches.

He's over in Israel (member of Labour Friends of Israel) every few months on holiday doing photo opportunities and other such nonsense.

And this is a man who was once part of a "Free Palestine" campaign group in his student days .....

FFS. Just when you thought nothing more about this odious qûnt could shock you.