Craft Beers - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ps (hope I'm not breaking board rules) join camra £23 per year, gives £20 vouchers for Wetherspoons. Monthly paper, quarterly magazine, discount at some pubs (was pleased as punch using it in the judges at Partick cross before the Georgia hand) and festivals.

Do they no fling in a trimmer for your beard and some spare buttons for your cardigan?

People slagging off proper beer is quite cringy and really just smacks of people trying to ridecule something because their own sense of taste is so shite that they drink mass produced fizzy piss. Being honest I often drink lager in the pub but even I appreciate proper beer rather than that rubbish.

Drink what you want just be aware your taste buds are retarded compared to mine :wink2:

EDIT: I don't drink now, i used to drink Guinness and glayva or highland park. Although would drink stella or best or tennets, struggling to remember some of them, leffe blond or something used to take that as a carry-out to houses, also drank loads of wine, used to get 3 bottles for a tenner out of haddows. Drink miller or bud bottles, big bottles of budvar, drank cider as well, merrydown, even used to drink buckfast and QC sherry. Mind used to get becks on tap a few places that was alright.

Sitting down for a drink and blether would normally be Guinness though.

Edited by phart

Ps (hope I'm not breaking board rules) join camra £23 per year, gives £20 vouchers for Wetherspoons. Monthly paper, quarterly magazine, discount at some pubs (was pleased as punch using it in the judges at Partick cross before the Georgia hand) and festivals.

How much is it off a pint in The Judges? I'm in there every week to see what's new on the famous board. might be worth joining...

The likes of Brewdog have tried to own the term 'craft beer', attacking the large breweries as if having scale = lacking quality. Well some of their own beers are average at best so I guess they must be pretty scalable. I've just taken a group of customers out to the Pilsner Urquell brewery. Just because it is owned by a multi-national doesn't mean it isn't crafted. In fact I would argue it is one of the most crafted beers you can get. 5 week brewing process. Triple decoction. Parallel brewed to ensure it is the same as the very first batch in 1842. Every drop still brewed in Pilsen. 7 coopers on site (would struggle to fin pd many breweries with one these days). Having a big brewery behind it did cause some controversy but the advantage is that it can now be transported, fresh and refrigerated, as far as LA and New Zealand. It means it can now be found unpasteurised in 4 pubs in London. Yet some in he 'craft beer' world would argue this was a bad thing.

How much is it off a pint in The Judges? I'm in there every week to see what's new on the famous board. might be worth joining...

Can't remember exactly , but most places either offer 10% or 30p of that sort of order

The likes of Brewdog have tried to own the term 'craft beer', attacking the large breweries as if having scale = lacking quality. Well some of their own beers are average at best so I guess they must be pretty scalable. I've just taken a group of customers out to the Pilsner Urquell brewery. Just because it is owned by a multi-national doesn't mean it isn't crafted. In fact I would argue it is one of the most crafted beers you can get. 5 week brewing process. Triple decoction. Parallel brewed to ensure it is the same as the very first batch in 1842. Every drop still brewed in Pilsen. 7 coopers on site (would struggle to fin pd many breweries with one these days). Having a big brewery behind it did cause some controversy but the advantage is that it can now be transported, fresh and refrigerated, as far as LA and New Zealand. It means it can now be found unpasteurised in 4 pubs in London. Yet some in he 'craft beer' world would argue this was a bad thing.

Had some Pilsner Urquell at the White Horse at the Nigeria game back in May. Bloody lovely it was.

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/pilsner-urquell-a-taste-of-the-original-pilsner-8685793.html

J