Bruce Springsteen - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It was in Lake Garda. He and Pattii turned up in the boozer I was in

Superb - I take it you didn't even know he was in town?

Did you not met Steve van Zandt outside Hampden when they played there last year?

My sister in law came close to meeting him by accident in a hotel in Norway (or it might have been Sweden) a few years back. She was there with her work and, knowing I was a fan, later told me the story about how the whole band were staying there after the gig. She described meeting the guy in question from the band at the reception desk and told me how amazed she was at how wee Bruce was. I told her that he wasn't all that small but she was insistent that he was in fact tiny. I then asked her to descibe him; 'Well he was really stooped over and he looked err...kind of like a monkey'.

Me - 'Hmmm - are you sure it wasn't Nils Lofgren?'

Her - 'That's him!'

<Sorry Nils...>

Edited by neilser

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this Springsteen story (might even have been on here I saw it):

Guy in New York (or somewhere) in a restaraunt with his missus and he sees Bono having dinner with a pal. He's too nervous to approach so waits for Bono to go to the bog and then asks the pal if he wouldn't mind getting Bono to sign a napkin or something. The pal says ok and the guy goes and sits back down. Bono comes back, the fella gets him to sign a napkin and then waves the guy over. Still tongue-tied, he mumbles thanks and goes and sits back down - Bono and the pal leave. As our hero's leaving the waiter says 'I see you got Bono's autograph but Mr Springsteen's a nice guy too, eh?' :lol:

My stomach just turned upside doon. Thought he was deid.

Watch out for him in Lilyhammer - playing Steve Van Zandt's brother??

Btw, I've met and spoken to several people who are/were very close to Springsteen and I've still to hear a bad word said about him.

I knew nothing about him, but seeing some of the things he does in his shows( dancing with that woman, elvis on the stage etc etc) it's pretty easy to see why he's called the Boss.

Love this Springsteen story (might even have been on here I saw it):

Guy in New York (or somewhere) in a restaraunt with his missus and he sees Bono having dinner with a pal. He's too nervous to approach so waits for Bono to go to the bog and then asks the pal if he wouldn't mind getting Bono to sign a napkin or something. The pal says ok and the guy goes and sits back down. Bono comes back, the fella gets him to sign a napkin and then waves the guy over. Still tongue-tied, he mumbles thanks and goes and sits back down - Bono and the pal leave. As our hero's leaving the waiter says 'I see you got Bono's autograph but Mr Springsteen's a nice guy too, eh?' :lol:

Heard similar (maybe here too) and I think the story also said the Bono's mate (Brucie) also paid the bill for the guy.

• 1 year later...

For any Bruce fans, this is happening on Friday. Dion't think I can make it, but Lopez is a nice guy, and The Rising are supposedly excellent:

http://tickets-scotland.com/lig02

Cheers for that, Stapes.

Vini Lopez and Clarence's bairn in the weej - soooperb !!

I've seen the Rising a few times - they're excellent.

Away to procure brief. Thanks again for the heads up, I hadn't heard a thing about it.

Cheers for that, Stapes.

Vini Lopez and Clarence's bairn in the weej - soooperb !!

I've seen the Rising a few times - they're excellent.

Away to procure brief. Thanks again for the heads up, I hadn't heard a thing about it.

Nae bother.

This wee classic is seemingly getting a playing at some shows:

And here's the new one I mentioned earlier - Stray Bullet:

Nope, it appears to have been taken down already.

If you're looking for a few Springsteen Facebook pages check these. Lots of former band members, authors, friends of Bruce, promoters, and folks who followed him in the 1960s:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ponyboy/

https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Zoom-and-the-Sonic-Boom-40th-anniversary-161623077233807/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/groups/290908270798/

I run the Dr Zoom group with a former band member.

How was it Flora?

Btw, here are the tour dates if anyone fancies at trip to the States:

Jan 16 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center Jan 19 Chicago, IL United Center Jan 24 & 27 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Jan 29 Washington, DC Verizon Center Jan 31 Newark, NJ Prudential Center Feb 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre Feb 4 Boston, MA TD Garden Feb 8 Albany, NY Times Union Center Feb 10 Hartford, CT XL Center Feb 12 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center Feb 16 Sunrise, FL BB&T Center Feb 18 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena Feb 21 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center Feb 23 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena Feb 25 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center Feb 27 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena Feb 29 St Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center Mar 3 Milwaukee, WI BMO Harris Bradley Center Mar 6 St Louis, MO Chaifetz Arena Mar 10 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena Mar 13 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena Mar 15 Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena

How was it Flora?

Jan 16 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center Jan 19 Chicago, IL United Center Jan 24 & 27 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Jan 29 Washington, DC Verizon Center Jan 31 Newark, NJ Prudential Center Feb 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre Feb 4 Boston, MA TD Garden Feb 8 Albany, NY Times Union Center Feb 10 Hartford, CT XL Center Feb 12 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center Feb 16 Sunrise, FL BB&T Center Feb 18 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena Feb 21 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center Feb 23 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena Feb 25 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center Feb 27 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena Feb 29 St Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center Mar 3 Milwaukee, WI BMO Harris Bradley Center Mar 6 St Louis, MO Chaifetz Arena Mar 10 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena Mar 13 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena Mar 15 Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena

Excuse my French - phuqqing outstanding. I was doing my best to punt your book :ok:

Never knew he was touring - cheers for that.

How was it Flora?

European dates likely?

How was it Flora?

Feb 21 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center

There are some strange venue names nowadays........

Excuse my French - phuqqing outstanding. I was doing my best to punt your book :ok:

Never knew he was touring - cheers for that.

Good stuff. Gutted I couldn't make it. Hopefully see a few sales coming up, cheers!

European dates likely?

Yes. However, he usually runs his tours in three parts - Europe, US, Europe, or US, Europe, US. Unfortunately it appears we'll only be getting one visit on this tour.

• 2 weeks later...