Singing Amongst Home Fans - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Singing Amongst Home Fans

Gtoner

And before??? Also our away support in warsaw was fantastic.

Shows how important stadium design is to create atmosphere.

Never be able to create as good an atmosphere in either Hampden or Parkhead. Ibrox is alright, but a league below Narosowy.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these reasons possible do contribute to the decrease in atmosphere at home games by Scotland fans.

One question.

What we gonna do aboot it ?

Long chance I know but hopefully the SFA will review their pricing policy for the next campaign. Also if we do qualify for a major tourney this should turn the signing up a notch at the home matches.

Long chance I know but hopefully the SFA will review their pricing policy for the next campaign. Also if we do qualify for a major tourney this should turn the signing up a notch at the home matches.

Again, true enough and hopefully it all happens.

But what we gonna do in the meantime ?

Time to take the Glengary or whatever crazy headwear you wear at the games off and get thinking about a solution WE can do to assist :ok:

What happened to the "Get into them" drum that used to always be in the North Stand?

I love "get intae them". Last time I heard it was at the Sxotland v Holland game under Burley (good performance, lost one nil). Didn't know a drum started it. Shouldn't take much to get that going again and uniquely Scottish I believe so not a retread of a club song (I don't think).........

Elephant in the room - could it be that people are still scunnered post referendum & both Ireland and England were in a position to rip the pan clean out of us, that the nos didn't have the bottle for us to be a self determining country in our own right?

I didnt hear any Ireland fans , try take the Piss out of the Scotland fans during the game over the referendum vote.

The Ireland fans actually hummed along to "Flower of Scotland" when the anthems were been played.

However I did think the atmosphere from the Home fans if honest was a bit subdued up until ye scored against us.

I didnt hear any Ireland fans , try take the Piss out of the Scotland fans during the game over the referendum vote.

You're right GTR. I remember posting on here that i expected Irish fans to twist the knife*, but ye's didn't, so fair play :ok:

* my Irish mates sure as hell did - before, during, and after! :lol::angry:

Get the word out to get all the nut jobs in the same sections of the stadium. Maybe the two closest to the north stand?

Yes need to get heads together with organised songs to learn. Drummer required. Anyone know how the Green Brigade work ?

Need to look into their way of doing things minus political songs of course !!!! A section of a GB type would get the whole stadium going. Loch Lomond etc could be sung and would soon take off.

$fa ticket prices mean alot of the hard core who would normally sit at Hampden are in the boozer watching the game on TV.

That is not helping the atmosphere in the stadia.

Thanks Mr reagan and co. The away support is always more vocal than the home support.

The had core fans mentioned earlier will still travel abroad.

They aren't that hardcore if they would rather sit in a pub instead of paying £32 to watch us play biggest home game in years.

Prices - Many of the fans of the past can't afford to go means games have not sold out empty spaces always affects the atmosphere
Lack of Songs - We only have a hand full of songs these days more songs means more singing
Poor team - for the Burley / Levein years we have had nothing to sing about it's very easy to sing if you are winning harder when you are losing
No Hampden - Like or dislike Hampden the fact it is our home means people will head to the same section every time with the hard core generlly in the North leading the atmosphere, take the same people and move to Ibrox or Celic Park and these people will pick different stands and be scattered around the ground, it is easier to get a song going if the whole section is willing to join in.

There is nothing we can do about the prices unless the $FA change their ways but the others can be changed, get a winning team with a full Hampden and it will be bouncing like 07, new songs come from actually having something to sing about and for a lot of years we have played poor football i'm actually amazed we get the crowds we do after the negative rubbish Avril played.

West stand at Hampden has become the new North imo as its cheaper. Atmosphere will be better once we're back there.

I expected it to be better at Celtic park but perhaps it was the nerves and fact Ireland fans were noisy.

We don't deal well when the other team actually sings. Used to having things our own way.

Ibrox was fine. Not amazing but better than the Ireland match. Didn't go to the England game

Away games are always great. Dortmund was fantastic!

You're right GTR. I remember posting on here that i expected Irish fans to twist the knife*, but ye's didn't, so fair play :ok:

* my Irish mates sure as hell did - before, during, and after! :lol::angry:

In fairness Mate - you werent the only one who thought we would , as i had posted a few times on here, saying we wouldnt do that

Would have been dissappointed if we went down the route of sticking the knife in, but knew we wouldnt as we aint like that

I was glad to hear so many of ye sing "Flower of Scotland" during the anthems tbh