Hoolies - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

biffer

Equally bizarre were the "F the IRA" chants. I'm baffled about what this has to do with Scotland...

The Parkhead factor I would reckon although the England away fans do indulge in this from time to time anyway. I never actually noticed it at the game although feck knows how not as I was right next to them.

I'm surprised it's being given so much airtime tbh.

Have to agree with jts73, the English guys I spoke to were fine and just looking forward to the game. A lot of their fans were givjng it the 'come ahead' gestures but there was an equal amount applauding our fans. It wasn't reciprocated by many mind you :-))

Twice in a row we have been completely outsung by the away support though. Changed days indeed.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Equally bizarre were the "F the IRA" chants. I'm baffled about what this has to do with Scotland...

I cannot believe folk can't work this one out. Think about the opposite of the so called plastic paddies. Who in Glasgow likes to dress up in England tops and sing anti IRA songs? FFS people...

I cannot believe folk can't work this one out. Think about the opposite of the so called plastic paddies. Who in Glasgow likes to dress up in England tops and sing anti IRA songs? FFS people...

The England fans have sung this crap for years, irrespective of it being in Glasgow.

Twice in a row we have been completely outsung by the away support though. Changed days indeed.

I reckon this is due to being at Celtic park with the Hampden North Stand usuals being spread around the stadium. Without a "designated loud section" it's difficult to build up an atmosphere.

The Parkhead factor I would reckon although the England away fans do indulge in this from time to time anyway. I never actually noticed it at the game although feck knows how not as I was right next to them.

I'm surprised it's being given so much airtime tbh.

Have to agree with jts73, the English guys I spoke to were fine and just looking forward to the game. A lot of their fans were givjng it the 'come ahead' gestures but there was an equal amount applauding our fans. It wasn't reciprocated by many mind you :-))

Really? I could barely hear the Ireland fans, English were loud though but their team was pumping us.

Really? I could barely hear the Ireland fans, English were loud though but their team was pumping us.

Agree, Ireland fans sang a bit and we sang over them.

England fans sang the whole time really. I felt our fans were a bit diluted by folk who were there because it was England and not because they go to all the games which is probably another reason we were quiet. The usuals who sing all the time either not there because of the price and split up around the ground

Agree, Ireland fans sang a bit and we sang over them.

England fans sang the whole time really. I felt our fans were a bit diluted by folk who were there because it was England and not because they go to all the games which is probably another reason we were quiet. The usuals who sing all the time either not there because of the price and split up around the ground

This.

I stayed away as I am fed up with friendlies anyway, but maybe 15-20 pounds for a friendly is a price that might encourage me. So yes, I am one of the futile protest brigade.

Problem for the SFA though, is that the likes of me might get into the habit of staying away, whilst the newbie glory hunters who are here for an odd big game will be away like snaw aff a dyke at the first couple of poor results. Hell mend the SFA. Golden rule of business is to look after your loyal customers for long term gain.

Only bother I seen was a wee fanny of a Scotland fan. Marched up to 2 English fans, one who looked about 55 in Engurland clown trousers sticking his fingers up to their face and shouting 'f$£kin english' this and that, 'f@:£in do ye ya something somehing'

Fair play to the English lad who showed some restraint, felt like kicking his erse myself!

Last night was the worst Scotland atmosphere I've seen in years. Non existant, team performance didn't help but outsung in our own country - shambles. Thank god we have a break until the next game, that was nothing short of pish from the fans (myself included) :angry:

I thought the atmosphere last night and on Friday was disappointing tbh.

Were you at any of the games? Atmosphere was the best it has been for many years for a home game

Were you at any of the games? Atmosphere was the best it has been for many years for a home game

Where you!? Was absolutely brutal last night from their first goal onwards until our goal.

Even Loch Lomond at half time was half arsed with most sitting down.

Friday was brilliant, once we scored - until then it was a very nervy affair.

Wasn't a fan of that Des character or Vigo thieves playing, bit of an odd atmosphere. Place didn't seem fully up for it (myself included)

Friday was really good I thought, I said a while back I'd settle for defeat against the English for a win over the Irish. Euros are priority not money making schemes from SFA.