Best Album Cover - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Album Cover

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If yer doing a Jimi album cover surely it's this one?...

tumblr_meslrduPjb1qite7lo1_1280.jpg

:lol::ok:

Funnily enough, in my teenage years that sleeve was my first introduction to Jimi. Apparently the man himself didn't approve of it.

The CD version I have features the original US cover - a fuzzy shot of Jimi's head - I assume they'd never have got away with the UK cover in America.

Sonically I've nothing against CD, but there's no comparison when it comes to cover art.

This one came with a choice of inner sleeves...

pixies-doolittle.jpg

I bought that on the day of its release - superb from start to finish (Surfer Rosa is still my favourite Pixies' album, even though I don't think it's as consistent as Doolittle). Edited by Charlie Endell

I bought that on the day of its release

Ditto. I mind seeing the video for "Monkey..." on the Chart Show and thinking "What the hell is this? I've got to get it!" Seemed to take weeks for the album to appear. I wasn't really into indie music at the time so it was a bit of a game changer for me.

Missed them at the QMU for some reason (the gig may have been before the album came out?) but saw them at the Barras the year after. Mental gig!

Missed them at the QMU for some reason (the gig may have been before the album came out?) but saw them at the Barras the year after. Mental gig!

The Pixies in their prime are the only band I regret never having seen (of those I was old enough to have seen). I was working in Egypt at the time and for some reason Cairo wasn't on their tour itinerary.