Big Empty Spaces At Parkhead V England - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Big Empty Spaces At Parkhead V England

ianp

I predict and hope there are plenty of empty seats for the game against England. It is the only way the SFA will get the message that the pricing is way off.

It's not for you.that's fine.England and their fans already think we are a joke and that go someway to proving it.game against our biggest international rivals.what a nonsense post.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a very poor crowd. Out of our group, who go to all games, home and away, of normally between 10-14, there are only 2 who are going to the England game !

However, I don't support boycotting the Gibraltar game, as we really need a big support to intimidate them and push us to a big victory, as Poland and Ireland have done against them. I know that the goals scored against them are not going to count in goal difference, at the end of the group, but we really need to put down a message about how we can dismantle teams like them, as the others have done.

As daft as it may seem, the England game is not the most important, in the large scale of things. It will probably end up being a training exercise, with a lot of call offs and numerous substitutions, and no great atmosphere.

Don't know if either if these games will completely sell out tbh...hope I'm wrong.but to hope for big empty spaces is just pathetic.

it maybe for you if you are going and therefore want a good atmosphere - but in the bigger picture that is selfish. the fans need to make astand against the price of tickets just now and you calling that pathetic just because you want to go to the game is as i say pretty selfish.

there is no other way to make the sfa review their prices, and people blindly paying through the nose for a friendly is to use your own words pretty pathetic.

it maybe for you if you are going and therefore want a good atmosphere - but in the bigger picture that is selfish. the fans need to make astand against the price of tickets just now and you calling that pathetic just because you want to go to the game is as i say pretty selfish.

there is no other way to make the sfa review their prices, and people blindly paying through the nose for a friendly is to use your own words pretty pathetic.

this

there is no other way to make the sfa review their prices, and people blindly paying through the nose for a friendly is to use your own words pretty pathetic.[/quote

Hoping Scotland walk out in front of an empty stadium is a strange thing to come from a supporter.the price hike means I'll have to pick and choose my home games.if you don't want to pay then don't go.simple.u don't own them and they really don't owe you anything as however loyal a fan.such is life I'm afraid.don't understand your point at all.

The qualifier is obviously the bigger, more important game. In fact it's the most important game in years. Right now I'd take a 5-0 doing from England if we get 3 points, I'd even take a doing if we get 1 point on Friday.

But, If all goes according to plan and we get 3 points on Friday and turn the English over in a friendly, in 10 years time will you say to yourself or other people "I was there when we beat Ireland" or "I was there the night we beat England" for me it'd probably be the latter along with many other fans I'd imagine and the $FA know this, even though right now I'd sacrifice anything to get 3 points

The prices are scandalous but it's the fact we've got a VERY VERY good chance off beating them that I've crumbled and will be going next Tuesday

Edited by DoonTheSlope

The qualifier is obviously the bigger, more important game. In fact it's the most important game in years. Right now I'd take a 5-0 doing from England if we get 3 points, I'd even take a doing if we get 1 point on Friday.

But, If all goes according to plan and we get 3 points on Friday and turn the English over in a friendly, in 10 years time will you say to yourself or other people "I was there when we beat Ireland" or "I was there the night we beat England" for me it'd probably be the latter along with many other fans I'd imagine and the $FA know this, even though right now I'd sacrifice anything to get 3 points

The prices are scandalous but it's the fact we've got a VERY VERY good chance off beating them that I've crumbled and will be going next Tuesday

Completely Agree... Ultimately the Irish game is the important fixture but if we beat England on the Tuesday night how many of those fans that did not turn up will be the same ones goading their English work colleagues the next day and ultimately gutted that they did not turn up to see it...

Was never going to miss these two fixtures although I do understand why folk not forking out,..of the group of 10 of us that go only 2 are making the England game and of course the SFA has a lot to answer for but ultimately so does the Tuesday night friendly as ultimately if this was a Saturday afternoon and tickets were the same price it would be much better attended.