Remembrance - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Remembrance

nickyt

Our clubs have have remembered them, will the SFA remember then on Friday?

No, absolutely not please. We do not want to give these idiots, like those that sang pro IRA songs and disrespected the minute's silence, today at Pittodrie, another platform to polute the air with their tripe. I don't mean the genuine supporters from Ireland, I mean these idiots that sing about things and people like Bobby Sands, and probably don't have a clue about who he was or what he did/believed (rightly or wrongly), or have never even been to Ireland.

Please let's not give them an opportunity to make any political mileage out of this, and just concentrate on a football match between two proud nations who have a genuine infinity between each other !

While the Irish were neutral during WWII, they were assiting the allied forces by the end and as said by others many Irish moved over to fight against the Nazi's

Neutral my arse they allowed the german u boats to refuel in Irish waters during the ww2 as a result many a merchant ship was lost and not forgetting the brave men who persied

Neutral my arse they allowed the german u boats to refuel in Irish waters during the ww2 as a result many a merchant ship was lost and not forgetting the brave men who persied

Can you provide a reliable source for that ?

That's been around for years and is regarded as total fabrication.

i beleive this to be tosh ; although was led to believe this as a kid ; ditto leaving lights on in dublin to aid the luftwaffe

all hokum tho- ireland was bombed at the start of the war

Can you provide a reliable source for that ?That's been around for years and is regarded as total fabrication.

Google your right this story has been around for years not very good at posting links but there is a story written by robert Fisk of the independent although the story is a bit misleading

Google your right this story has been around for years not very good at posting links but there is a story written by robert Fisk of the independent although the story is a bit misleading

Don't believe everything you read in the papers mate :ok:

The Irish did plenty for the Allies during the war. This was a report by one of Churchill's cabinet that blows a few myths out of the water:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_neutrality_during_World_War_II#The_Cranborne_report