Opening Ceremony Act Who would you like to see and who do you hot want - Page 3 - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening Ceremony Act Who would you like to see and who do you hot want

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 2:32 PM, Grumpychops said:

If I was a betting man, I'd have money on Peter Schilling making some sort of an appearance at the opening ceremony. Apparently there is a petition to get 'Major Tom' as the German anthem for the Euros. 

It most certainly will be the unofficial anthem. It’s a got a countdown then a sing song chorus

A segment celebrating the German hit parade would be magnificent. Peter Kent and Bad Boys Blue and that. I’m still not ruling out a surprise cameo from Helena Fischer though

Nothing beats a Saturday afternoon in a Hamburg or Dusseldorf boozer with Bundesliga on the tele, a big Steiner, a bratty and some schlager and 80s europop blaring in the background 

5 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It most certainly will be the unofficial anthem. It’s a got a countdown then a sing song chorus

A segment celebrating the German hit parade would be magnificent. Peter Kent and Bad Boys Blue and that. I’m still not ruling out a surprise cameo from Helena Fischer though

Nothing beats a Saturday afternoon in a Hamburg or Dusseldorf boozer with Bundesliga on the tele, a big Steiner, a bratty and some schlager and 80s europop blaring in the background 

As a teenage boy in the 80s can I implore the Germans and UEFA to have Nena and her 99 red balloons for the opening ceremony ? I'm sure she hasn't changed a bit. 

19 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

I agree with you.

GILF-tastic

Nena in concert in Paris

I just spluttered my beer all over the place having burst out laughing mid slurp having looked "GILF" up. I'd heard of MILF but GILF was a new one 🤣🤣🤣. Cracking picture. She was/is some woman hairy arm pits and all.

On 5/6/2024 at 5:45 PM, WeeJohnny said:

Brilliant !!!! Instead of doe a deer and (the great) "yes sir I can boogie" we can pinch 99 red balloons like the English have pinched sweet Caroline? 

Surely someone in our number can come up with alternative wording ?????? 

Aye but folk would think we’re singing about the Dick Donald stand at Pittodrie