Ticket Swap SCO V HUN - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Swap SCO V HUN

fazlikeus

3 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I do agree that everyone should be at their own seat for home games as there are people who picked specific seats and families sat together etc, with the slight exception of the North Stand but even then everyone I've ever seen is at least in the same row, allocated seat range of their mates

It’s brutal at Hampden when people can’t act like adults and be away from their mates for 90 minutes and you end up with 30 people crammed into a row with 25 seats. 

It’s not just at Hampden though. If you turn up to an away game and someone is in your seat and you sit elsewhere then whoever that seat belongs to will likely ask you to move and the whole thing is a pain in the arse.

If you (or anyone else) is in my seat at any of our games next June you will be politely asked to move.

If you can’t bear to watch the game without being surrounded by a larger group of your mates then I suggest you watch the game in the pub or fan zone.

43 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

It’s brutal at Hampden when people can’t act like adults and be away from their mates for 90 minutes and you end up with 30 people crammed into a row with 25 seats. 

It’s not just at Hampden though. If you turn up to an away game and someone is in your seat and you sit elsewhere then whoever that seat belongs to will likely ask you to move and the whole thing is a pain in the arse.

If you (or anyone else) is in my seat at any of our games next June you will be politely asked to move.

If you can’t bear to watch the game without being surrounded by a larger group of your mates then I suggest you watch the game in the pub or fan zone.

Totally agree. Considering all sections are sold out for the Euros I find it surprising how insular some of the views are!

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

But you are supposed to just wander about the stadium, until you just happen to find a seat that was allocated to one the knobs in the mob that took your seat in the first place. Get with it, min. 😉

Calm down everyone, I suspect everyone will be in their allocated seats for the Euros given the pricing structure, and folk at Hampden do generally stay within their allocated seat/row in the North stand, and all sit down in every other stand.

For general away days though, I do find that people who want their exact seat to be in the clear minority. Like when that woman at an Aberdeen away day went viral on Twitter for trying to grass some boys to the stewards about no being in their seats!

I've just seen this thread but I posted something similar on FB.  I messed up the payment process so had to start again and have a single order of x3 Cat3.  My son/brother have Germany FF, Switzerland Cat3 and Hungary FF.  I agree with comments that if we can use the SEAT WITH function, then that is half-way to ensuring we maybe have seats together across our respective groups of family/friends, and it comes down to practicalities on the day.  Unfortunately the SEAT WITH feature is a ball-ache since it appears that the whole order needs to match, and contacting UEFA seems to have mixed responses.  So if anyone is interested in taking my Cat3 for Germany & Hungary in favour of a FF, I'd be interested to chat.  Ideally you need to have the order the same as my son/brother and you want x3 Cat3s.  I'm probs not even bothered about the price diff, esp since there might be issues on the day that mean we can't 'swap'.  I also did read this https://support.tickets-mobiletickets.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/6254308133788-I-do-not-have-a-smartphone-How-can-I-get-my-tickets- which essentially endorses different logins in a single phone.  Hopefully all will become clearer nearer the time.

Edited by Redondo

On 12/11/2023 at 4:03 PM, Redondo said:

I've just seen this thread but I posted something similar on FB.  I messed up the payment process so had to start again and have a single order of x3 Cat3.  My son/brother have Germany FF, Switzerland Cat3 and Hungary FF.  I agree with comments that if we can use the SEAT WITH function, then that is half-way to ensuring we maybe have seats together across our respective groups of family/friends, and it comes down to practicalities on the day.  Unfortunately the SEAT WITH feature is a ball-ache since it appears that the whole order needs to match, and contacting UEFA seems to have mixed responses.  So if anyone is interested in taking my Cat3 for Germany & Hungary in favour of a FF, I'd be interested to chat.  Ideally you need to have the order the same as my son/brother and you want x3 Cat3s.  I'm probs not even bothered about the price diff, esp since there might be issues on the day that mean we can't 'swap'.  I also did read this https://support.tickets-mobiletickets.uefa.com/hc/en-us/articles/6254308133788-I-do-not-have-a-smartphone-How-can-I-get-my-tickets- which essentially endorses different logins in a single phone.  Hopefully all will become clearer nearer the time.

I've got one FF and one CAT 3 ticket.

I've messaged you.

On 12/10/2023 at 4:07 PM, Texas Pete said:

What would be even simpler would be for everyone just to sit on their allocated seat like an adult. In all honesty though it’s more the people who do it at Hampden who annoy me. 

So at Hampden yesterday with my 11 year old son whos sat in A3 and I'm in A5 how do you suggest he sits on his allocated seat "like an adult" when he's 100 seats along and 20 rows down from his guardian? Was it not better he stood with me in A5 and the "adults" around me let me got on with enjoying the game with my son?

The OP has the same issue and is trying to rectify it in advance. 

17 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

So at Hampden yesterday with my 11 year old son whos sat in A3 and I'm in A5 how do you suggest he sits on his allocated seat "like an adult" when he's 100 seats along and 20 rows down from his guardian? Was it not better he stood with me in A5 and the "adults" around me let me got on with enjoying the game with my son?

Take it up with whoever sold you the tickets. 

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Take it up with whoever sold you the tickets. 

It's fine us adults sorted it.

What about the OP? Are you suggesting he just goes to UEFA and they sit two different category tickets together?

Or could we not all just behave like adults and help each other out?

Edited by Mazziessc

I may be wrong, but I suspect the OP son is not under 18, otherwise the orders would be linked? 

That said, I think the tone of this thread was more about sitting with your mates and ignoring seat allocation. This may be fine with a half empty stand, but all these games are sell outs so the knock on effect of a bunch of people moving impacts everyone.

On 12/18/2023 at 8:37 AM, Mazziessc said:

Your situation is totally different to what N4Footsoldier was suggesting, though. I would imagine the vast majority of fans would be quite happy to help you out in your situation. N4Footsoldier is just planning to go in mob handed and pick whatever set of seats the take a fancy to. 

3 hours ago, Mazziessc said:

It's fine us adults sorted it.

What about the OP? Are you suggesting he just goes to UEFA and they sit two different category tickets together?

Or could we not all just behave like adults and help each other out?

You are certainly not acting like an adult at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Your situation is totally different to what N4Footsoldier was suggesting, though. I would imagine the vast majority of fans would be quite happy to help you out in your situation. N4Footsoldier is just planning to go in mob handed and pick whatever set of seats the take a fancy to. 

That's completely different. I don't think anyone would tolerate such behavior. I also don't recall entering a stadium, Hampden or otherwise, and being confronted by a group in my ticket row either though. 

11 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You are certainly not acting like an adult at the moment. 

You've described your allocated seat as "my seat" like 4 times in this thread already. It's not your seat at Hampden/Dens park/Alianz Arena or wherever else you end up even if you've purchased a season ticket. Half the time it doesn't even belong to the club/national side who play there never mind the paying punters.

You and the rest of the my seat brigade are the biggest part of the problem when it comes to the OP and others finding a solution to what appears is going to be an issue for many. 

49 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

You and the rest of the my seat brigade are the biggest part of the problem when it comes to the OP and others finding a solution to what appears is going to be an issue for many. 

So is your suggestion that no seats are allocated and it is a free for? That would be a nightmare!

The issue most are having was the inability to book tickets as one booking so people have ended up in different Categories. We have two FF and one Cat 3 ticket for both Germany and Hungry game. I am happy to link order with anyone and then arrange a swap on the day if we are all in the same stand (ie you can walk between the seats).

1 minute ago, rOsCo2 said:

The issue most are having was the inability to book tickets as one booking so people have ended up in different Categories. We have two FF and one Cat 3 ticket for both Germany and Hungry game. I am happy to link order with anyone and then arrange a swap on the day if we are all in the same stand (ie you can walk between the seats).

This post has drifted a bit.  The above is the context, whereby some of us have ended up with tickets in different categories, and to avoid a free for all or pissing others off, we are keen to link up with others in the same situ, and maybe use the 'SEAT WITH' function to try and get 2 tickets together in each category.  The post has helped me for the Hungary game where I have managed to do just that.  There are still practicalities to consider on the day but for me it is better than doing nothing.  I am still looking for someone who is looking for a swap for the Germany game.  I have a Cat3 but keen to sit with my family in FF.  I'm not really bothered about the price diff if we can make it work.

32 minutes ago, rOsCo2 said:

So is your suggestion that no seats are allocated and it is a free for? That would be a nightmare!

My suggestion is we use the thread for what it is intend for instead of folk jumping on to tell us how much they hate it when they find someone in their seat and how they are gonna throw a tantrum if they do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 12:40 PM, Silversand said:

We usually turn up early for Scotland away games now, to ensure we get our seats & less chance of hassle.

I do the same now at every game I attend. Just can't be bothered with the hassle as you do get some folk that end up acting like spoilt toddlers because their seat is not next to their mate/group and yours is. Not my issue mate, that's the seat I was allocated when I paid for my ticket. Anyone sitting in my allocated seat in Germany will be told to kindly shift it.