Scottish cup 2023/24 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish cup 2023/24

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Is that confirmed?

Not a chance.  Maxwell made this nonsense up last year to try and build a better TV crowd for Celtc and Caley.

Old Firm will be at 3pm or earlier.  It wouldn't surprise me if they went for a 12.30pm kick-off. 

On 4/20/2024 at 6:54 PM, slasher said:

Did the sheep really only bring 9000 after asking for a 50/50 split? Was there some sort of unofficial boycott or something?

We 'asked for it to start' at 50/50 - That's a reasonable stance for any club I think

Insisting clubs buy the lot and stump up for any shortfall shines the light brighter on potential bias

Selling section by section works (Hibs apart), then hand back if unsold by a given date

In terms of any boycott ?  Yes, I think there was

Our 'average' semi final uptake is between 12-15k, and Saturday was well short of that

There's a number of contributory factors: 

- A chairman / board that lies to it's fan base (The main one)

- Awful football

- Cost (In general given location, 4 expensive European away games, and 2 trips to Hampden already) - KO time / Live on council tv (Hypothetical, of course, but I doubt any other clubs out with Celtic / Rangers would take the numbers we take to Glasgow if the semi finals / finals were played in Aberdeen under identical circumstances)

- No appetite to watch us take our 'routine' scudding off Celtic in Glasgow without much / any resistance

- A growing desire of not being prepared to fund a rigged event any longer (A topic in it's own right, granted)

Whilst it was gutting to lose that game, it must have been a neutrals ideal to watch on TV

Anyway, we 'consoled' ourselves with unlimited drinks (First class upgrade 'bid' whilst waiting for our train at Central was successful) heading back South - Followed by the Pub until 3am - Still feeling like a burst couch this morning!

*As an aside - It was actually quite refreshing (If that's the right word) to witness no segregation pre and post match. Conversations going to the game / on the train from MF between fans were honest with not a hint of bother

19 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Never a penalty, and Aberdeen could not even fill up their allocation and are still moani👍. Move on... Hail Hail !!😁

Would you mind explaining what the bit in bold has to do with anything, please ?

Edited by Redz
To remove 'you canadian cnut' from the text

58 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I was surprised by how poor the Aberdeen attendance was tbf. Especially compared to Hearts. 

I'll repeat for the avoidance of any doubt.........

'There's a number of contributory factors: 

- Awful football

- Cost (In general given location, 4 expensive European away games, and 2 trips to Hampden already) - KO time / Live on council tv (Hypothetical, of course, but I doubt any other clubs out with Celtic / Rangers would take the numbers we take to Glasgow if the semi finals / finals were played in Aberdeen under identical circumstances)

- No appetite to watch us take our 'routine' scudding off Celtic in Glasgow without much / any resistance

- A growing desire of not being prepared to fund a rigged event any longer (A topic in it's own right, granted)'

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Would you mind explaining what the bit in bold has to do with anything, please ?

Certainly. I am just fed up with you lot moaning about everything, including the penalty. Yees moaned about kick off time, Yees moaned saying it was a home tie for Celtic, Yees moaned about the penalty, Yees moaned about the officiating, it's laughable. So to answer your question, Yees moaned about a 50/50 ticket split, and couldn't even bring a decent support to the match !!! All you lot do is moan !!!! Some folk  feel sorry for the small Aberdeen support that travelled to Hampden, I however do not. I don't like Aberdeen, never have never will. Stop yir moaning. You don't have to.like me, which I know you all don't, but I am allowed an opinion.... We won, the semi is always at Hampden whether Celtic or Sevco are involved for the obvious reasons, so stop greetin. Aberdeen put in a good performance, but Celtic were just too strong in the end... Better luck next season.... Enjoy the day.....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Certainly. I am just fed up with you lot moaning about everything, including the penalty. Yees moaned about kick off time, Yees moaned saying it was a home tie for Celtic, Yees moaned about the penalty, Yees moaned about the officiating, it's laughable. So to answer your question, Yees moaned about a 50/50 ticket split, and couldn't even bring a decent support to the match !!! All you lot do is moan !!!! Some folk  feel sorry for the small Aberdeen support that travelled to Hampden, I however do not. I don't like Aberdeen, never have never will. Stop yir moaning. You don't have to.like me, which I know you all don't, but I am allowed an opinion.... We won, the semi is always at Hampden whether Celtic or Sevco are involved for the obvious reasons, so stop greetin. Aberdeen put in a good performance, but Celtic were just too strong in the end... Better luck next season.... Enjoy the day.....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

It's not moaning at all, and perfectly justifiable to most normal football fans

We did not ask for 50% of the tickets this time, we asked for it to start at 50%, surely even you can see there's a difference

*In bold - Who, why, when? No one I'm aware of is offering or requesting any sympathy, and smacks of more made up nonsense

4 minutes ago, Redz said:

It's not moaning at all, and perfectly justifiable to most normal football fans

We did not ask for 50% of the tickets this time, we asked for it to start at 50%, surely even you can see there's a difference

*In bold - Who, why, when? No one I'm aware of is offering or requesting any sympathy, and smacks of more made up nonsense

Why did you ask the one person on the board who will give you the most irrational response possible?

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Why did you ask the one person on the board who will give you the most irrational response possible?

A fair point indeed

I guess I just wanted to pull him up on the nonsense he spouted, safe in the knowledge he'd not be able to explain it, thus embarrassing himself further via any reply (See above for confirmation)

Just now, Redz said:

A fair point indeed

I guess I just wanted to pull him up on the nonsense he spouted, safe in the knowledge he'd not be able to explain it, thus embarrassing himself further via any reply (See above for confirmation)

Fair enough mate

He gets pulled up on his nonsense regularly and then spouts an even bigger amount of nonsense to follow it up

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

As predictable as the rangers getting a penalty..... Some lad you are...

35 minutes ago, Redz said:

A fair point indeed

Embarrassing myself ?? Being questioned by the same weans that moan all the time on this board? Who follow me around. (See above confirmation) Aye, I'm really embarrassed 

34 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Fair enough mate

He gets pulled up on his nonsense regularly and then spouts an even bigger amount of nonsense to follow it up

Trolling again VA... Sooooooooo predictable..... Oh, lovely result Saturday btw...😂

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

As predictable as the rangers getting a penalty..... Some lad you are...

as predictable as your next suspension would be more apt

Just now, vanderark14 said:

as predictable as your next suspension would be more apt

So be it !! I speak my mind, if you lot Cannae handle the fact I have an opinion, that's your problem. Suspend me, I don't care.. I have not insulted or threatened anyone. Maybe I'll get suspended because I support Celtic..  Good luck fighting relegation...😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So be it !! I speak my mind, if you lot Cannae handle the fact I have an opinion, that's your problem. Suspend me, I don't care.. I have not insulted or threatened anyone. Maybe I'll get suspended because I support Celtic..  Good luck fighting relegation...😂😂😂

I can't suspend you, if I could you would be banned for life for your sake and the sake of the board. 

Thanks for the good luck wishes, not sure why you think I am fighting relegation. I don't play football anymore

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I can't suspend you, if I could you would be banned for life for your sake and the sake of the board. 

Thanks for the good luck wishes, not sure why you think I am fighting relegation. I don't play football anymore

💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ramy ffs wise up man, nobody moans on here more than you about the so called injustices your team suffers, you moan about Rangers (sevco to you) getting dubious decisions all the time, you moan about anti Celtic everything, you don’t think Celtic do anything wrong ever. Time for you to mature into the retired old codger you are.

30 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Ramy ffs wise up man, nobody moans on here more than you about the so called injustices your team suffers, you moan about Rangers (sevco to you) getting dubious decisions all the time, you moan about anti Celtic everything, you don’t think Celtic do anything wrong ever. Time for you to mature into the retired old codger you are.

Oh FFS, no you anaw. I actually like you, but now you show your real colours.. Have you noticed it's always the same crew that hound me?  Your wee kleek is there for all to see.. Think your having a wee breakdown, so I'll let you off. You are the only decent don on this board. The rest are greetin faced wee bairns.... No ma fault they support a wee Diddy club...

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/xY21yje3k4HPqcFK/?mibextid=xfxF2i

OMG !!!! Is this trumpet for real?? Same cunt at it again !!!! That should be an automatic res for diving !!!

Wrong link.. 😂😂. Was posting that Silva banger for Sevco yesterday. Worst dive inside the box I have ever seen.....

3 hours ago, Redz said:

I'll repeat for the avoidance of any doubt.........

'There's a number of contributory factors: 

- Awful football

- A growing desire of not being prepared to fund a rigged event any longer (A topic in it's own right, granted)'

Probably all fair points. I'll add another in, Aberdeen have a very substantial minority  of their support from the central belt. 

I could name half a dozen folk i know from Saltcoats/Ardrossan/Stevenston alone who go to more away games watching Aberdeen than they do at Pittodrie. 

I've never known a Hearts or Hibs fan from the same area. I'm pretty sure that's replicated across much of the central belt as when i was at Uni there were two Dons fans in my class and 1 was from Strathaven and one was from Clydebank!

There can't be a semi final at a weekend in the last 40 years where the crowd has been as low. Not a dig, just an observation as we had similar numbers vs Celtic at Hampden in the league cup last year. Admittedly a lot closer but off a lot smaller fan base. 

3 hours ago, Redz said:

There is but if they hypothetically gave you 50% to start, where do you start selling them? You can't sell the north and south at the same time or else you'd end up with 15,000 empty seats behind the goals.