Ticket allocations and SSC points - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket allocations and SSC points

GLOSTA

Based on today's updated SSC points table, the stadium capacities published by UEFA, and UEFA normal practice of 17% ticket allocation for each competing nation... this is my estimate of who gets guaranteed a ticket, should all choose to apply for all group games. Of course, the 17% may only be approximate according to stadium layout, segregation etc.

All of course subject to change based on attendance at next 2 games and when SSC decide to cut off eligibility.

Anyone with 12 points is guaranteed ( for all stadiums (except a 100 shortfall in Leipzig).

Happy to have my methodology improved and any errors corrected of course.

Demonstrating my excitement by spreadsheet....

image.thumb.png.75b422ef6392a4148e318dad50b04e10.png

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, chardie10 said:

believe the typical UEFA allocation has been 16% not 17%, reduces the allocations slightly but based on current table 12 points would still be enough for all venues bar Leipzig (increased shortfall of 525)

You are right... I keep getting that wrong... on another post a few months back I had it at 15% - seems I cant get the number 16 into my head!!!

image.thumb.png.792ae7697f6dc57b5af5a221224ae023.png

Edited by GLOSTA
image added

Worth remembering that 12 points is effectively 2 campaigns and 2 Memberships meaning you'd never have had to travel abroad.  With the first week also being 1-2 before some schools finish, I'd fully anticipate (should people only apply for what they can) that 6-7 points will get you a brief.  

Edited by LoganRoy

4 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

Worth remembering that 12 points is effectively 2 campaigns and 2 Memberships meaning you'd never have had to travel abroad.  With the first week also being 1-2 before soke schools finish, I'd fully anticipate (should people only apply for what they can) that 6-7 points will get you a brief.  

spot on

7 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Worth remembering that 12 points is effectively 2 campaigns and 2 Memberships meaning you'd never have had to travel abroad.  With the first week also being 1-2 before some schools finish, I'd fully anticipate (should people only apply for what they can) that 6-7 points will get you a brief.  

Going by the table, for it to drop as low as 6 or 7 points you're needing over 10,000 high pointers to not take up tickets for the Euros. I can't see the school term time influencing sales that much.

Edited by Toepoke

36 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Going by the above posts, I take it that (me 13 points) would be able to get a ticket for each game and not a single ticket for 1 game only, cheers.

I don't understand the question?

If you have enough points, and you only want to go to one game, you will be able to pick which game you want.

Bear in mind that there will be a few games to be added to the list. Georgia, Norway and probably/possibly a couple of March friendlies before the cut off point. So there will be room for a bit of movement in the above table.

40 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Going by the above posts, I take it that (me 13 points) would be able to get a ticket for each game and not a single ticket for 1 game only, cheers.

If they follow the precedent they set for EURO2020, you would be entitled to a ticket for each game. The points tally basically treats each game individually and starts top down as normal. 

37 minutes ago, stirlish said:

A question about the ballot....

I have applied for 3 tickets for a lot of matches.

Are you only successful if 3 tickets are allocated, or could they just allocate 1 ticket out of 3 requested?

I think for any successful allocations you get from then UEFA ballot that you get the number of tickets that you requested for the game. 

Word of warning - I’m not sure if you have SSC points to qualify for tix? - but if you end up with tickets for another game that’s the day of a Scotland game, it will block you from then being able to get Scotland tickets. 

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I don't understand the question?

If you have enough points, and you only want to go to one game, you will be able to pick which game you want.

Bear in mind that there will be a few games to be added to the list. Georgia, Norway and probably/possibly a couple of March friendlies before the cut off point. So there will be room for a bit of movement in the above table.

So, basically saying will 13 points get a ticket for all 3 matches (my wording is crap).

The issue we have is that IF the SFA get 16% of the stadiums, the SSC will not necessarily get 16%.

They don't have to tell us how many tickets they require.

Could be as much as 10% going to the SSC , we don't know.

Would be great if all 12 point got tickets and I don't want to be a party pooper but I would be very suprised of that was the case.

Again its just my opinion.

Edited by GroundsKeeper

Do we know when the cut-off is likely to be?

I'm guessing after the March games which would bump me to 11 points (assuming we have a home game in March) which might be just under the required number. Circumstances dictate I am unlikely to get an away game in, if there were any, before then.

16 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

The issue we have is that IF the SFA get 16% of the stadiums, the SSC will not necessarily get 16%.

They don't have to tell us how many tickets they require.

Could be as much as 10% going to the SSC , we don't know.

Would be great if all 12 point got tickets and I don't want to be a party pooper but I would be very suprised of that was the case.

Again its just my opinion.

If there were anyone keeping a keen eye on our euro2020 allocations, it would tell you how many of the 16% went to SSC allocations for Hampden and Wembley.  

I think both were operating at 25%, so would be stadium capacity * 0.25 and then 16% of that. 

Just now, Exiled ICT said:

I'm guessing after the March games which would bump me to 11 points (assuming we have a home game in March) which might be just under the required number. Circumstances dictate I am unlikely to get an away game in, if there were any, before then.

I think people expect tickets to be sold before then. Meaning cut off will be after the Nov fixtures. 

1 hour ago, Broath Boy said:

So, basically saying will 13 points get a ticket for all 3 matches (my wording is crap).

Yes, probably. But bear in mind we are kinda guessing based on what has happened in the past. But I think you should be OK for all three. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled ICT said:

I think it's hard to say whether the March games will be included or not. It depends on how quickly UEFA want to get their mitts on our money, which is normally as quick as possible. 🤣 They might want to get all those tickets sold before March?

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think it's hard to say whether the March games will be included or not. It depends on how quickly UEFA want to get their mitts on our money, which is normally as quick as possible. 🤣 They might want to get all those tickets sold before March?

My understanding is the last opportunity to get SSC points will be the Georgia / Norway games.

Uefa will want your money asap and the germany tickets will be released well before March.

Possibly as soon as christmas, what a present to get!

Another thing to consider is that the table above is based on normal official capacities. For big tournaments a big chunk of the stadium is handed over for TV and media coverage, which will reduce the actual available capacity a bit. Which is a nonsense with today's technology. There is no need for all these commentators/pundits to be in the stadium. It's not like they are even watching the game a lot of the time, they are too busy talking about England even when they are not playing.

1 minute ago, GroundsKeeper said:

My understanding is the last opportunity to get SSC points will be the Georgia / Norway games.

Uefa will want your money asap and the germany tickets will be released well before March.

Possibly as soon as christmas, what a present to get!

I think you are probably right.