Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Drink Drive Limit To Be Lowered In Scotland

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Sometimes the only way to deal with bad laws is to deliberately break them, don't pay the poll tax, etc.

So join my protest. I'm sinking ten pints tonight with my fellow democracy campaigners then we are all driving in to Edinburgh to meet outside parliament.

(For avoidance of doubt - satire.)

Sometimes the only way to deal with bad laws is to deliberately break them, don't pay the poll tax, etc.

So join my protest. I'm sinking ten pints tonight with my fellow democracy campaigners then we are all driving in to Edinburgh to meet outside parliament.

(For avoidance of doubt - satire.)

What, more than 10?

If I can get out my scratcher early enough I'm going to get the car out and see if I get a tug - they're often on the prowl on Carmunnock Road. Had three pints at lunchtime today and nothing since - calculating I should be ok to drive by tomorrow morning...

Mind you, pass the breathalyser and no doubt they'll be hunting for something else to do you for.

If I can get out my scratcher early enough I'm going to get the car out and see if I get a tug - they're often on the prowl on Carmunnock Road. Had three pints at lunchtime today and nothing since - calculating I should be ok to drive by tomorrow morning...

Mind you, pass the breathalyser and no doubt they'll be hunting for something else to do you for.

You'd get done for the avatar..

When this was first announced I tried in vain to find any evidence of fatalities caused by people with a reading between 50mg and 80mg. My main concern is that the police will (as usual) go after the soft targets (morning-after drivers - will make their figures look good) while the maniacs who pay no heed to any limit will continue to drive at night unchecked.

Its simple. Don't have a drink.

What ? Ever ?

Do you think that having nothing to drink all day....then having a couple pints at 22.30, and having to worry about driving 8 hours later, is OK ?

I think it's insane. Especially as the police will go out of their way to penalise sensible people by breathalising in the mornings.

It's pish.

John Law set up a roadblock on Cathcart Road yesterday morning, but I've yet to hear of them setting one up at night. Has there been carnage on the roads the morning after for the last 47 years (when the previous limit was introduced) caused by people with a reading between 51mg and 80mg? I've yet to see any evidence.

The hardcore will continue on their merry way at night while the marginally over (the new limit) will be criminalised for driving the next day.