Tickets - Page 6 - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

adamntg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/27/2023 at 1:50 PM, adamntg said:

It’s tough for those hoping to climb the points ladder though.  I missed an Ireland ticket last year by a point so went home end.  Had I got that I’d have got a Norway ticket this year instead of home end again, and I’d be on 16 points so would get an away ticket for this and 18 points, rather than home again, still on 12 and still having to book flights and hotels while they’re cheap and hoping for tickets.  

I didn’t even attempt Cyprus cos I had no idea if I could get a ticket, and by the time I’d find out, well, it’s an island and flights would be too expensive  

Still think the system is fair, but they could’ve surely sorted these particular tickets out months ago?  

Agree it’s not easy and is definitely taking a bit of sacrifice, expense and goodwill on fans part given the late notice of allocations that we seem to be getting. 

After missing our on Euros tickets I’ve got back into more away games after having a dip for a few years.  

The Austria friendly last year was enough to secure my Ireland away ticket. Still wasn’t enough for Norway though.  

Took the chance that Cyprus allocation would be okay and booked in advance but it still wasn’t cheap. That’s sorted me out for Spain and now France. Not cheap but the system is fair as you say - with the one massive improvement available being for the SFA and countries to sort out allocations quicker. It would be good if this could be tied into the 90 day rule for venues, although even that seems to have some flex in it. 

1 minute ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

I have been trying to buy tickets in home end using vpn but when try to confirm order with payment details nothing happens. Anyone else also experienced this? Dunno if cos my card is UK its getting blocked 

You need to remove VPN for the payment page i think. That was the issue with Spain ticket purchase. 

9 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Payment still not going through with either debit or credit card and with vpn switched off and on. Wondered if maybe its cos my invoice address on my account i had to set up on French website is UK address?

Sorted it - it worked through a different browser.

1 hour ago, LoganRoy said:

772 members on 15 and 16 points.

Taking @Goozay number of 854, its definitely going down to 14 points.  I cam see it going to 10 at least.  

I hope the extra 600 tickets rumour is true might have a chance then.  Sitting on 9 points me and my son trying to get him his first away game 

18 minutes ago, Jzw85 said:

I hope the extra 600 tickets rumour is true might have a chance then.  Sitting on 9 points me and my son trying to get him his first away game 

It's still being discussed with the French.  There is a pocket still available that hasn't gone on Sale. I believe there are 2x parts to it,

1. SFA want to ensure all tickets (allocated so far are sold)

2. The SFA have to hand these out, the more tickets the longer it can and will take.  These things aren't easy to manage, especially when you get chances who haven't a ticket, people who forget ID and general pissheads arguing. 

✔️Meaningless friendly,

✔️The boys are skint ( every away game has been expensive Oslo, Larnaca, Seville and Tiblisi to come),

✔️People are trying to save money /holidays/ browny points for Germany,

✔️ 100 percent collection.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if this went below 10.

Goodluck🤞 everybody and don't miss your 🕰️time slot.

See you all in Seville, then Lille.

10 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

✔️Meaningless friendly,

✔️The boys are skint ( every away game has been expensive Oslo, Larnaca, Seville and Tiblisi to come),

✔️People are trying to save money /holidays/ browny points for Germany,

✔️ 100 percent collection.

Wouldn't be shocked at all if this went below 10.

Goodluck🤞 everybody and don't miss your 🕰️time slot.

See you all in Seville, then Lille.

It's a good point actually.  Given a lot of members haven't 10 points, you can only assume there is a large proportion who can't justify the cost or may have other commitments over the October holidays.