The Get It Off Your Chest Thread... - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Get It Off Your Chest Thread...

I hate roundabouts, especially the often poor signage. My personal hate is roundabouts you've never seen before, approaching the junction and being informed in the last ten yards by the signs that you need to change lane to get to where you are going. Cue the regular users flashing lights and beeping horns. Aye it's alright for you guys, you knew that you had to filter two hundred yards back, the rest of us aren't psychic.

Ever been to Swindon or Hemel Hempstead? They are the driving equivalent of being dropped in a foreign land without a phrasebook.

Ever been to Swindon or Hemel Hempstead? They are the driving equivalent of being dropped in a foreign land without a phrasebook.

"the roundabout provides a better throughput of traffic than other designs and has an excellent safety record, since traffic moves too slowly to do serious damage in the event of a collision."

Excellent. Don't design a sensible road system, but make sure you cock it up enough that people have to crawl round it!

Folk who rip the arse out of the usage of the word "wee" - Great wee night there, Smashing wee day out, Lovely wee dinner tonight.

Folk who say shite like "bring on the madness" and crap like that on Facebook before a night out or even having a carry out in the hoose. FFS.

People who add in an unnecessary "S"...

Like "Tesco's'"... Tesco's what?

"Can I have a bottle of Miller's?" Miller's what?

Grrrr. That rips my knittings!

Likewise people who feel a need to prefix everything with "The". The George's Square being a prime example!

People who when sitting in their car at traffic lights seem to be surprised when the green light appears...

BE READY TO GO YA FKIN FANNY!!!!

That might be because they have been dazzled by the brake lights in front of them. Some brake lights are so bright that some sensitive souls get sore heads looking at them and they have to moan like fuk all over the internet aboot it.