WTF?? I can't believe this !!!!! - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

WTF?? I can't believe this !!!!!

2 hours ago, ger intae them said:

mmmmmm, let’s see how it pans out oh wise one. Hope you are the one that is right 🤞

How what pans out? The theory as presented was  a list of nouns.

"cashless society, Central Bank Digital Currency, Digital ID, impending Climate lockdown, bug dinners and synthetic meat."

Not really much to go with there for seeing how anything pans out. Vague stuff and as Feynman famously said you can never prove a vague theory wrong you can always just pivot.

That's why you make definite theories.

8 hours ago, ger intae them said:

mmmmmm, let’s see how it pans out oh wise one. Hope you are the one that is right 🤞

I reckon I will be.  Not going to waste my days worrying about shit that isn’t really all that important.

8 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Huh? …… the future, society, life …. an’  all that…..

said list of nouns was quite clear.

Well most of them exist already. Working backwards we have synthetic meat, bugs have been eaten in human societies for thousands of years. "impending Climate lockdown" is vague enough to mean whatever the person moving the goalposts want it to mean. Digital ID's have existed for a while and implementations of CBDC exists as well. All my friends under 30 call me a boomer for using cash as it is.

So all these nouns actually exist in some form, outwith impending Climate lockdown". So it's already panned out, what is it we're meant to be watching out for? Cause whatever it is should be here already. Not some vague future threat.

End of first week back doing a bit of supply. Bit of a shock being in school in August, normally I'd still have three more weeks holidays. Big Ramy will be pleased to hear that I've encountered no one identifying as a cat or any other animal and not a litter tray in sight!!

On 8/18/2023 at 9:48 PM, Hertsscot said:

End of first week back doing a bit of supply. Bit of a shock being in school in August, normally I'd still have three more weeks holidays. Big Ramy will be pleased to hear that I've encountered no one identifying as a cat or any other animal and not a litter tray in sight!!

Not even a wee Nessie ?

while the leaders of the free world swan about in private jets preaching about climate change and the like it will fall on my deaf ears.  I will do as I please.  I never take well to be doing told what to do by those in “authority” particularly when they are hypocritical pricks.