Europe 23/24 - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'd put money on Ian Beale being shown the door after a loss on Sunday

I can’t see us winning on Sunday. No matter how many players we sign today we just won’t be ready 🤷🏼‍♂️

That wasn't down to rangers playing poorly, rangers were out of their depth last night. PSV edged the first leg but battered rangers last night. 

I think celtic might face very similar humpings in the CL and Aberdeen will no doubt get similar if we win tonight and get to the EL instead of the ECL, especially against pot 1 teams.

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

I can’t see us winning on Sunday. No matter how many players we sign today we just won’t be ready 🤷🏼‍♂️

It feels like both Celtic and Rangers have regressed this season.  None of the huns or tims I know are confident about Sunday.

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It feels like both Celtic and Rangers have regressed this season.  None of the huns or tims I know are confident about Sunday.

For our part the board have done the bare minimum again, it’s not good enough. The difference between us and the huns is that they are spending money they don’t have whereas we won’t spend what we do have 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thankfully I didn't see the game last night.  Didn't expect us to get through but also didn't expect a humbling like that.  The financial aspect aside I'm "glad" we didn't go through as if that's the kind of chasing we're getting from a team like PSV I shudder to think that the CL teams would have done to us.  Have absolutely no idea what to expect from Sunday now either.  Prior to last night I'd have had us as slight favourites due to the way Celtic have started and the home advantage but no idea now.  Thankfully I'll be halfway up Ben Lomond so won't have to think about it too much!!

11 hours ago, slasher said:

With all due respect Ed, that is tinfoil hat wearing stuff you’ve posted there. PSV wiped the floor with your lot over the two games and it could have been worse. Your marquee signing hasn’t been trusted to lead the line in your two most important games of the season and your manager hasn’t won a game that really mattered in 10 months in charge. That will probably change on Sunday but that will be on the fuckwits who run Celtic, no one else.

Just how I see it mate. Big moments change games and we were definitely in the ascendency when we went to 2-1 up at Ibrox and last night we lost a quick goal at 2-1 down. PSV were the better team no doubt about that. 

Anyway I remember travelling to Chesterfield on a wet midweek night for a 3-0 Anglo Scottish Cup drubbing. We beat Celtic 3-0 the following Saturday. 😊

best of luck to Aberdeen and Hearts tonight. 

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

Just how I see it mate. Big moments change games and we were definitely in the ascendency when we went to 2-1 up at Ibrox and last night we lost a quick goal at 2-1 down. PSV were the better team no doubt about that. 

Anyway I remember travelling to Chesterfield on a wet midweek night for a 3-0 Anglo Scottish Cup drubbing. We beat Celtic 3-0 the following Saturday. 😊

best of luck to Aberdeen and Hearts tonight. 

Aye fair enough, I just don’t think it was a tie decided by fine margins.

The Anglo Scottish Cup was some laugh back in the day…..a simpler time! 😂

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Celtic get Feyenoord, Atletico Madrid and Lazio. Tough but could have been a lot worse. 

Double edged sword. All of those sides are grafting sides. Expectations will be higher though. It could have been worse. 

Edited by EddardStark

59 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Celtic get Feyenoord, Atletico Madrid and Lazio. Tough but could have been a lot worse. 

It could've been worse but I can't see celtic winning much from that. Maybe 1 home win

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Agreed. Not sure if I’ll bother with it this year tbh, I’m still pissed off at this shambolic transfer window!