SNP Indy Convention - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SNP Indy Convention

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

There’s a number of things that are wrong with that analysis.

It is planted directly in the “GERS” space which as we know is highly controversial measure which in itself has lots of things wrong with it.

The UK is not by any definition a poor country - it may not be a well off as some people think but it’s not poor.  

Using GDP per capita, which would be the best measure of a nations economic health,  Scotlands GDP is £33, 033 compared to the UK’s £33, 703.

In fact, it’s only when you drill into these numbers and also those in the GERS space that you see how unbalanced the UK economy actually is.  London - massively - and the South East “out-perform” all other regions and nations of the UK and “subsidise” everyone else - I use those terms advisedly.

Emigration has been going on for centuries, not decades.

The only part he gets right is that Scotland’s resources have been plundered.  Since the 1970s and North Sea oil, that’s been to prop up the UK Treasury and Kier Starmer is planning to continue that with renewables.

I was reading ‘poor’ as in the perception that Scotland was poor , which it most definitely isnt.

Its the plundering I was referring to. I dont regularly see anyone in British media even hint that Scotland has been plundered, never mind admit it. 
It would seem half this country is either not aware of this or just happily accepts it as they have known nothing else. I cannot believe there are many who accept it simply  to stay in the union. You would need to be a certain level of dumb to choose to be poorer. 

6 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

IMG_2222.webp

I think ‘demoralisation of the independence movement’ is pretty much spot on and what is about to play out in the next 2 elections. 

Humza doesn’t have the answers, but still asks for the votes to continue the same deadlock. It’s a recipe for disaster. 

Time for a spell on opposition which considering the Labour alternative, tied to Sir Keir sucking up Tory votes across England. Depressing.  

The SNP want to hold an independence referendum soon after the next general election, Humza Yousaf has said.

The first minister intends to open negotiations with Westminster if the SNP win the most seats in Scotland.

( Maybe he is hoping nobody realises the SNP currently have the most seats in Scotland)

Away and get to fuck

The last three posts are from people who are doing nothing but moaning about there being no plan but who are all either not prepared to or are unable to articulate an alternative plan.

Edited by aaid

8 minutes ago, aaid said:

The last three posts are from people who are doing nothing but moaning about there being no plan but who are all either not prepared to or are unable to articulate an alternative plan.

Clearly you have your SNP Sunglasses and earplugs in as the plan is there and the SNP have given it short shrift

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Clearly you have your SNP Sunglasses and earplugs in as the plan is there and the SNP have given it short shrift

I think it’s pretty lame but I understand that in the current circumstances - it’s become clear that we need to assent of Westminster - it’s as good as it gets.   We’ll have a stronger moral case for WM to just ignore.   What people don’t want to hear is that support isn’t where it needs to be to demonstrate the will of the people.   

So for the third time of asking, what’s your alternative?

The only hope we have at present is with a hung parliament with SNP getting enough seats to hold the balance of power. What the chances of that happening are, is anybodies guess. Even if it was to happen, there would still be obstacles to get around.

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think it’s pretty lame but I understand that in the current circumstances - it’s become clear that we need to assent of Westminster - it’s as good as it gets.   We’ll have a stronger moral case for WM to just ignore.   What people don’t want to hear is that support isn’t where it needs to be to demonstrate the will of the people.   

So for the third time of asking, what’s your alternative?

Every election from now on is a defacto referendum and if Independence parties achieve 51% of the vote then we announce a technical declaration of Independence

37 minutes ago, aaid said:

We’re not asking independence supports for their vote 

29 minutes ago, aaid said:

Are you Gordon Clarkson?

No. It’s a good post hence the share. 

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

I think ‘demoralisation of the independence movement’ is pretty much spot on and what is about to play out in the next 2 elections. 

Humza doesn’t have the answers, but still asks for the votes to continue the same deadlock. It’s a recipe for disaster. 

Time for a spell on opposition which considering the Labour alternative, tied to Sir Keir sucking up Tory votes across England. Depressing.  

Exactly. The lack of transparency and just expecting people to vote for the same strategy and not complain is fucking insanity. 

4 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

We’re not asking independence supports for their vote 

No. It’s a good post hence the share. 

So you don’t have any ideas of your own then, just screenshot and share.  

22 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Every election from now on is a defacto referendum and if Independence parties achieve 51% of the vote then we announce a technical declaration of Independence

Ha ha ha, brilliant.   And what happens when everyone ignores that?

25 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The only hope we have at present is with a hung parliament with SNP getting enough seats to hold the balance of power. What the chances of that happening are, is anybodies guess. Even if it was to happen, there would still be obstacles to get around.

Indeed.   Winning an election in Scotland may not get you what you want from the UK.  One thing I know for sure though, not winning elections gets you fuck all.

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Maybe ask people why they feel let down and frustrated at the snp rather than being a condensing prick all the time 

Okay, why do you feel frustrated and let down by the SNP?

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

Ha ha ha, brilliant.   And what happens when everyone ignores that?

appeal under the UN Charter to the international community for recognition and support on an uncontestable democratic basis founded in a free and fair election.

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

appeal under the UN Charter to the international community for recognition and support on an uncontestable democratic basis founded in a free and fair election.

How did that work for Catalunya?   They had an election, won it, had a referendum won it*, went for UDI.  Last time I looked, they were still not independent.

*was boycotted by the No side and they didn’t win a majority of the popular vote. 

Please supply details of any successful appeal to the UN under those conditions.

The only way to get Indy is to persuade enough people of the benefits and get them to vote for it 

If we win any election with 55-65% of the vote ,then we will get independence.

Whinging on a message board won't get anywhere.

11 minutes ago, aaid said:

How did that work for Catalunya?   They had an election, won it, had a referendum won it*, went for UDI.  Last time I looked, they were still not independent.

*was boycotted by the No side and they didn’t win a majority of the popular vote. 

Please supply details of any successful appeal to the UN under those conditions.

As soon as you start comparing the Ancient Country of Scotland with Catalonia you have lost the argument

The threat of appealing to the UN should be enough  

7 minutes ago, stocky said:

The only way to get Indy is to persuade enough people of the benefits and get them to vote for it 

If we win any election with 55-65% of the vote ,then we will get independence.

Whinging on a message board won't get anywhere.

Spot on.