Norway.... Halland !!! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Norway.... Halland !!!

Big Ramy 1314

How do we set up against him. Do we play 4 at the back? Let Tierney deal with him? Mark him tight? Interesting question. I have not seen a player dominate fullbacks like this in years. You give this man an inch, and he will destroy you. He is their main threat, how do you try and stop him !!!!  Thoughts...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

How do we set up against him. Do we play 4 at the back? Let Tierney deal with him? Mark him tight? Interesting question. I have not seen a player dominate fullbacks like this in years. You give this man an inch, and he will destroy you. He is their main threat, how do you try and stop him !!!!  Thoughts...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I think the key is more about starving the supply to him. Get in and around their midfield and don't allow them time to get the ball to Haaland. Starve him of possession and he'll need to go deeper in search of the ball where he will be less of a danger.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

I think the key is more about starving the supply to him. Get in and around their midfield and don't allow them time to get the ball to Haaland. Starve him of possession and he'll need to go deeper in search of the ball where he will be less of a danger.

Well said. I believe we could do this with confidence as our midfield is the strongest it has been in years. Good point though, starve him off the ball, otherwise we are fucked.. The man is a machine...

1 minute ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Well said. I believe we could do this with confidence as our midfield is the strongest it has been in years. Good point though, starve him off the ball, otherwise we are fucked.. The man is a machine...

He is the best striker in the world at present - no doubt. He is the key. Stop him and we go a long way to getting a result in Oslo.

I think big Porteous would relish the challenge!

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Awaiting the spelling corrector in 3 2 1 …

I was more concerned by the use of ‘full backs’, when presumably they meant ‘centre backs’!

I didn’t even notice the misspelling of the name. Misspelling someone’s name frustrates me even more than misspelling a word, because I think it’s completely disrespectful to that person.

I should add that Erling Haaland will destroy our defence.

I was worried about potentially facing him in a playoff a few years ago, when he was much younger, so the prospect now that he’s older is even more frightening. Obviously he doesn’t have the Man City/Kevin De Bruyne levels of service that he does with his club, but I would imagine that when he looks at the Scotland defence, the word ‘hat-trick’ is the first thing that springs to his mind. 

14 minutes ago, Whelky75 said:

I was more concerned by the use of ‘full backs’, when presumably they meant ‘centre backs’!

I didn’t even notice the misspelling of the name. Misspelling someone’s name frustrates me even more than misspelling a word, because I think it’s completely disrespectful to that person.

Are you fuckin serious? This is a Scottish messageboard. Who gives a flyin fuck how I spelled the big Viking wankers name.. He is the enemy, fuck him.... Folk are far to fuckin sensitive these days. !!!!

14 minutes ago, Whelky75 said:

I should add that Erling Haaland will destroy our defence.

I was worried about potentially facing him in a playoff a few years ago, when he was much younger, so the prospect now that he’s older is even more frightening. Obviously he doesn’t have the Man City/Kevin De Bruyne levels of service that he does with his club, but I would imagine that when he looks at the Scotland defence, the word ‘hat-trick’ is the first thing that springs to his mind. 

Let him keep thinking that !! Be hard with Porteous boot on his right nut and Tierney boot on his left nut !!! No fear !!!

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Are you fuckin serious? This is a Scottish messageboard. Who gives a flyin fuck how I spelled the big Viking wankers name.. He is the enemy, fuck him.... Folk are far to fuckin sensitive these days. !!!!

Yes, I am serious. There’s no need to be abusive.

30 minutes ago, Whelky75 said:

You tell ‘em Welky 🙂

18 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

So I misspelled a name and now I am abusive? You must be on the windup surely FFS !!! We will handle Haallaaand !!

You were abusive in several of the ways you referred to him - which I won’t quote - not in the misspelling of his name.

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

40 years ago Souness would have put him out of commission in the first 5 minutes. Problem solved. 

🤣🤣🤣👊👊👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

16 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

40 years ago Souness would have put him out of commission in the first 5 minutes. Problem solved. 

Ah the guid old days, I remember them. When I played, the other team would have a "ronaldo" or some fancy trick danger man... I would here it from the boys, "Ramy, sort that cunt proper". Miss those days...To bloody auld noo.. 👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤣

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Ah the guid old days, I remember them. When I played, the other team would have a "ronaldo" or some fancy trick danger man... I would here it from the boys, "Ramy, sort that cunt proper". Miss those days...To bloody auld noo.. 👊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤣

"Hear"... lol👀

8 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

He will do it one handed too as we all know what the other hand is doing. 😉

Aye mate. Yae have to laugh, everytime therr is a newbie on here, they go right for me, try winding me up, as if I'm the "Danger Man" of the TAMB... Some man me !!! Legend !! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊👊🤣🤣🤣