Lack of travel options for evening games - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lack of travel options for evening games

Malcolm

4 hours ago, Malcolm said:

three and a half hours to go 40 miles is ridiculous, particularly where there is not another option.  If there had been trains we would have got that.

how do you get to a midweek game without taking time off work?

Cycle, get a bus or some other eco friendly option.  

11 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If Transport Scotland suspended all roadworks every time there was a big sporting/music event in Glasgow or Edinburgh nothing would ever get done. 

id settle for Scotland matches and any time Hearts are at hampden!

There was a bad accident on the M8 at Heartlands that happened around 4.30ish that night so that's why that was so busy. Whether the road was 2 lanes or 6 lanes that was going to cause a huge holdup.

It's also the busiest time of the day you decided to leave at, I'd have probably left earlier than 4.30 from Edinburgh if I was you but I accept that may not have been an option.

Edited by Lion Rampant

9 hours ago, Lion Rampant said:

There was a bad accident on the M8 at Heartlands that happened around 4.30ish that night so that's why that was so busy. Whether the road was 2 lanes or 6 lanes that was going to cause a huge holdup.

It's also the busiest time of the day you decided to leave at, I'd have probably left earlier than 4.30 from Edinburgh if I was you but I accept that may not have been an option.

We left Edinburgh at 4:15pm as we’d planned on getting a scran in Glasgow before the game. Took two and a half hours to get through, so just went straight to Hampden for 7pm and ate there. Ed Sheeran was playing in Glasgow too so that, along with the accident, made it a lot busier than normal. 

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

We left Edinburgh at 4:15pm as we’d planned on getting a scran in Glasgow before the game. Took two and a half hours to get through, so just went straight to Hampden for 7pm and ate there. Ed Sheeran was playing in Glasgow too so that, along with the accident, made it a lot busier than normal. 

We're you at the Spain match with your wee laddie?

20 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

We're you at the Spain match with your wee laddie?

Aye. He goes to them all now. Fuckin brutal for the away games though, costs twice as much 😩. Booked for Norway and will book Spain and Georgia nearer the time. 

29 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye. He goes to them all now. Fuckin brutal for the away games though, costs twice as much 😩. Booked for Norway and will book Spain and Georgia nearer the time. 

I think I saw you and your wee man on the telly. I'm serious !! I watched the match on Super sports I think here in Canada.. Anyhoo, swear it was you and your bairn..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

42 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I think I saw you and your wee man on the telly. I'm serious !! I watched the match on Super sports I think here in Canada.. Anyhoo, swear it was you and your bairn..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👍

Nah, couldn’t have been. We were in the South upper. Need to get back down to the north stand as he’s big enough to see without me holding him up now. South upper is the best view but certainly no the best atmosphere. Think we were the only ones jumping about to ‘Freed from Desire’ at full time 😆

9 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Nah, couldn’t have been. We were in the South upper. Need to get back down to the north stand as he’s big enough to see without me holding him up now. South upper is the best view but certainly no the best atmosphere. Think we were the only ones jumping about to ‘Freed from Desire’ at full time 😆

Ah, OK then..👊👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

13 hours ago, McTeeko said:

We left Heriot Watt P&R at 5pm and were in the ground nearly an hour before kick off. I think keeping on top of the live traffic situation is key, we were up the M9 til Linlithgow, bit of cross country over to the M8 missing all the accident traffic and then straight over to our usual parking spot.