Tickets - Page 5 - Norway v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tickets

adamntg

17 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Last 10 Away Matches

Belgium v Scotland
11 June 2019
Allocation 4289
(open to all members)

Russia v Scotland
10 October 2019
Allocation 1524
(open to all members)

Cyprus v Scotland
16 November 2019
Allocation 2,400
(open to all members)

Faroe Islands v Scotland
12 October 2021
Allocation 460
(32 to 17 points)

Moldova v Scotland
12 November 2021
Allocation 294
(32 to 25 points)

Austria v Scotland
29 March 2022
Allocation 1425
(open to all members)

Republic of Ireland v Scotland
11 June 2022
Allocation 2500
(32 to 12 points)

Armenia v Scotland
14 June 2022
Allocation 902
(32 to 9 points)

Ukraine v Scotland
27 September 2022
Allocation 1,082
(32 to 18 points)

Türkiye v Scotland
16 November 2022
Allocation 1,250
(open to all members)

5 out the last 10 been open to all members. Armenia went to 9 so you would have got one with only home games attended. 

However, since Covid only Turkey and Austria have gone to all members and both had very short timescales to organise.  

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, adamntg said:

However, since Covid only Turkey and Austria have gone to all members and both had very short timescales to organise.  

Also since the team started doing well. 

Not sure the system can be any fairer than it is. Pretty sure the likes of Albania it was a free for all. Same with Macedonia etc. Those who have gone regularly or even fairly regularly for years, through good and bad are currently being rewarded when tickets are scarce. 

Was the same during the euros. You only had to have been at 4 or 5 of the last 10 away games (and all the home games) to get tickets. I can't mind the criteria for tickets for those 10 away games but i'm pretty sure the majority of them from memory went to 0 points. 

I've missed out on away tickets before, it's annoying but that's the nature of the beast. 

7 minutes ago, themikedoug said:

Money debited and E-mail received so I’ve printed them already, tickets also showing in wallet on the Norwegian FA site

Panic over. Used old card first time round as was in a rush cancelled the ticket as no money in it shat myself. Just constantly refreshed until it came back up. 

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not sure the system can be any fairer than it is. Pretty sure the likes of Albania it was a free for all. Same with Macedonia etc. Those who have gone regularly or even fairly regularly for years, through good and bad are currently being rewarded when tickets are scarce. 

I repeatedly come back to this point when I see people moaning about the points system. I was on 0 points until around 5 years ago and now get tickets when they go up for sale every time.

Go to games/buy tickets = get points.

39 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

I repeatedly come back to this point when I see people moaning about the points system. I was on 0 points until around 5 years ago and now get tickets when they go up for sale every time.

As a 16 pointer i totally agree.

If it doesnt reach you then no one is overtaking you in the points table and over time we'll get games where the allocation is bigger or less takeup happens, swings and roundabouts and all that

43 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Folk then say but it's only the far flung/unattractive games that allow you to do that. No shit Sherlock. I went to Vienna when i was struggling with hols as i knew it would get me further up the line when it came to these qualifiers then hopefully the Euros. I try and keep my points at 10 homes and 4/5 out the last 10 aways at least. I've never been one to go to every away game, apart from when in my early 20s but fair play to those that do. They deserved tickets ahead of me at games when i've lost out. 

There's plenty of games that will go to zero points. Spain away for example never will. 

The current system is as fair as it can be. 

7 minutes ago, themikedoug said:

As a 16 pointer i totally agree.

If it doesnt reach you then no one is overtaking you in the points table and over time we'll get games where the allocation is bigger or less takeup happens, swings and roundabouts and all that

France away will be an easy one to build up points. Close by and it'll more than likely go very low down in points given it's days after Spain away. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Also since the team started doing well. 

Was the same during the euros. You only had to have been at 4 or 5 of the last 10 away games (and all the home games) to get tickets. I can't mind the criteria for tickets for those 10 away games but i'm pretty sure the majority of them from memory went to 0 points. 

I've missed out on away tickets before, it's annoying but that's the nature of the beast. 

Not disagreeing at all.  Just frustrating that’s there’s only been two opportunities for low-pointers to boost their totals in four years. 

I could’ve tried for Armenia I suppose, didn’t imagine that would have been possible. 

55 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Is it mathematically possible to have gone from zero to 18 or more in just five years?  I’ve got 11 (rising to 12 after these games cos the Moldova home game I missed dropped off) which is every home game plus 2 points for renewing for three campaigns or more. 

Had to go home end in Ireland, and it’s home end in Norway. 

Only games that were available in last four years were Austria and Turkey, so that would’ve made 16.  And Armenia would be 18, but I couldn’t have got any more than that.

6 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Is it mathematically possible to have gone from zero to 18 or more in just five years?  I’ve got 11 (rising to 12 after these games cos the Moldova home game I missed dropped off) which is every home game plus 2 points for renewing for three campaigns or more. 

If I'm not mistaken, the first away game I got points for was Israel 2018 (2-1 loss). Since then I've been to 15 away games, not necessarily getting points for all of then, one or two during covid and one or two in home end etc, but add to that a point for every home game (even if I end up reselling my ticket which I believe only happened once) and it's definitely possible to be high up the ladder.

The McLeish/early Clarke period was easy as every game just about went to 0 points, but that goes back to the concept of going to games regardless of results, and there were some absolute stinkers in there.

The real killer that affects your ability to get tickets I suppose is not buying tickets for games that go down to your points level, that was several hundred people at least will overtake you.

17 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Is it mathematically possible to have gone from zero to 18 or more in just five years?

Very much so it’s possible. I’ve done it. 

Went from 0 points in March 2019, to 21 points as of right now. So 4 years. 

First away was San Marino March ‘19, which the points have now dropped off. 

Belgium, Cyprus, Austria, Ireland and Ukraine all attended. (Moldova too, but no points for that as home ticket). Plus 8 out of the last 10 home matches and the 3 extra points for renewing/3in a row = 21.

22 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Had to go home end in Ireland, and it’s home end in Norway. 

Only games that were available in last four years were Austria and Turkey, so that would’ve made 16.  And Armenia would be 18, but I couldn’t have got any more than that.

Belgium 2019 - anyone who wanted a ticket got one

Russia 2019 - anyone who wanted a ticket got one

Cyprus 2019 - anyone who wanted a ticket got one

Anyone who went to those who would have got a ticket for ireland if they had done the homes. 

Armenia 2022 went to 9 points so you could have got a ticket for that having never been to an away game before. 

Austria 2022 was a free for all. 

Turkey 2022 was a free for all. 

That's just the last 10 games.