Best Football League today.... - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Football League today....

What do you think has the most quality football to watch these days. The EPL is the supposed best, but I'm not convinced. Some say Spain or Germany. I have a cable box and have been watching alot of the South American leagues. It's fast as fuck and nobody diving every chance they get. I think the English league may have more big name players, but it's too commercial for me. Fancy pitches, big fat salaries, and too many highly over rated players in my opinion. Even German football is boring to watch now.. To be fair,some of the matches in the Scottish Cup have been crackin in my opinion.. Thoughts....

19 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What do you think has the most quality football to watch these days. The EPL is the supposed best, but I'm not convinced. Some say Spain or Germany. I have a cable box and have been watching alot of the South American leagues. It's fast as fuck and nobody diving every chance they get. I think the English league may have more big name players, but it's too commercial for me. Fancy pitches, big fat salaries, and too many highly over rated players in my opinion. Even German football is boring to watch now.. To be fair,some of the matches in the Scottish Cup have been crackin in my opinion.. Thoughts....

I think about 5-10 years after the inception of the EPL it probably was the best however it's evolved over time and is now just full of massively overpaid prima donnas.  Games between the top 6 or so teams are invariably bore fests and the amount of cheating, diving and harassment of refs is massively off putting.  I don't get the opportunity to watch many other leagues but when I do I tend to find the German game can be quite entertaining.

One more thing about the South American football, their fans are fuckin mental !! I love my Scotland and Celtic, but these nutters are on a different level. Even thr refs are off the plot. You could not pay me enough to be an official in say Brazil or Argentina. The standard of football is top notch, well, I am no expert, but I quite enjoy it.. I will give the Bundesliga another watch, maybe it was just a shit match I was watching..

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd watch Napoli every day of the week and twice on a sunday if i able to. 

Italian football is superb just now. 

Germany has has the most competitive league. 

Competitive apart from who wins it.

Ive been to Germany and watched a few games. The fan experience is miles ahead of what you get in the UK. Dont know if its changed now but a few years back we stayed in Hamburg but got tickets for Wermer Bremman v Dortmund. It was about an hour or more on the train if I remember correctly but it was free because we had football tickets.

Thats unthinkable in the UK.

Also, every ground is packed and jumping. 

Just watch what you enjoy. You don't need any individual or media company to tell you what is the "best league in the world" anyway. That's a ridiculous concept.

I enjoy Serie A and the lower leagues of Scottish fitba. Crack on and enjoy.

Edited by morrie21

16 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Just watch what you enjoy. You don't need any individual or media company to tell you what is the "best league in the world" anyway. That's a ridiculous concept.

I enjoy Serie A and the lower leagues of Scottish fitba. Crack on and enjoy.

Its not a question for myself Morrie, it's to get others opinions, I am like some on this board curious to see what other members think of various leagues around the world.. Me personally, I would rather watch the lower leagues as I find it more to its roots than the millionaire fannies running around with spray tans, manicured hair, and falling down at every chance they get. It's beyond belief. Top flight Football has become Hollywood !!!. Just my opinion mate, what do I know.. 🙂🙂