Craig Gordon - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bzzzz

So one remark or two sparked a good debate regarding the keepers. Gordon, McGregor, Leighton, Goram seems to be the consensus so far. Any older posters able to add any keepers from longer ago, or are these guys so far ahead of anyone else? What was Alan Rough like? My dad tells me Ronnie Simpson was a fine keeper in his era, not sure how often he played for Scotland or how well though.

Edited by morrie21
spelling

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, morrie21 said:

Did you console yourself with the fact you witnessed a 13-year-old Ronaldo score for Brazil four years before he was capped at senior level?

1 minute ago, morrie21 said:

Did you console yourself with the fact you witnessed a 13-year-old Ronaldo score for Brazil four years before he was capped at senior level?

I know.  For some reason I thought it was Ronaldo.  Don't know why.  The mists of time I will blame it on.  But I was there at the three games mate.  Apart from Brasil and Costa Rica, The Sweden game was the best I have ever felt.

3 minutes ago, SamP said:

I know.  For some reason I thought it was Ronaldo.  Don't know why.  The mists of time I will blame it on.  But I was there at the three games mate.  Apart from Brasil and Costa Rica, The Sweden game was the best I have ever felt.

Brasil? Have you been to any games against Deutschland or Italia? 

29 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

So one remark or two sparked a good debate regarding the keepers. Gordon, McGregor, Leighton, Goram seems to be the consensus so far. Any older posters able to add any keepers from longer ago, or are these guys so far ahead of anyone else? What was Alan Rough like? My dad tells me Ronnie Simpson was a fine keeper in his era, not sure how often he played for Scotland or how well though.

He only got a few caps but I'm sure lots of keepers would trade all their caps for his Wembley 67 one. 

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

David Harvey maybe . Might be a biased opinion as I support Leeds