Jack Hendry - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Hendry

er yir macaroon

51 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Are you serious? English second string or Italian 1st string……. !!!!!

give the guy a chance to prove himself, he can end up in championship if he’s not good enough.

Unless the last 3 Scotland games have been flukes, Hendry would be more than capable of playing in the EPL. I’m not saying he’s going to end up at Liverpool or Man City or anything like that but would he look out of place playing for Southampton or Leeds for example?

He looks to me to be a better player than Liam Cooper. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Unless the last 3 Scotland games have been flukes, Hendry would be more than capable of playing in the EPL. I’m not saying he’s going to end up at Liverpool or Man City or anything like that but would he look out of place playing for Southampton or Leeds for example?

In comparison with Liam Cooper he has  probably played more pro games than him at the same age.

I'm not a big fan of saying players can improve with age but defenders overall do, but you have to have reached a certain level by a certain age to become a great defender he is ahead of Cooper at the same age and Cooper is a solid Premiership defender.

If Hendry can step up over the next year or so he might be good enough to play in a top flight league for the next five or six years.

Hendry has surprised me by having a very good Scotland camp, to the extent he will probably be considered our first pick RCB next time around.

He needs to go back to his club and secure himself first team football and a permanent move to a club who value what he can contribute.

If he does that, there is no reason he cant become the reliable centre back we have been looking for.

13 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I think a lot of clubs from the EPL and beyond will have taken note of Hendry’s recent performances for us. He will be in demand in January. Pace is a prerequisite for a defender at top clubs. Add to that his height, technique, competitive qualities and self-confidence, I think he joins a fairly short list. 

13 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

In comparison with Liam Cooper he has  probably played more pro games than him at the same age.

I'm not a big fan of saying players can improve with age but defenders overall do, but you have to have reached a certain level by a certain age to become a great defender he is ahead of Cooper at the same age and Cooper is a solid Premiership defender.

Talking purely international football which brings a unique type of pressure then Hendry has more experience than Cooper:-

Hendry 20 Caps V Cooper 14 Caps

Also Hendry can be a very good aerial threat at set pieces where he is better than Cooper:-

Hendry 3 Goals C Cooper 0 Goals

Sure, Cooper has the caveat of playing in the EPL but in this instance give me Hendry with no EPL experience over Cooper any day. That is not to berate or slag Cooper off as he can do a job for us if called upon amid injury crisis.