Lyndon Dykes - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lyndon Dykes

Taylor1996

Has been a difference between us qualifying for Euro 2020 and us not. 

Che Adams took his chance well, so kudos to him, and I hope he keeps it up, but Dykes has to start, especially against England.

What is it with English commentators? A guy who did the Dutch match for ESPN said that Adams would start for us at Euro 2020, and now the ITV commentator has said the same.

The main difference between Dykes and Adams is their height, heading ability and physicality. Because of this, Dykes has to start, particularly against England.

Guest Scot1

It would’ve been interesting to see how Nisbet and Dykes linked up in the last 20-25 minutes against Luxembourg.

I think Dykes is the only one of the 3 strikers we have that can play up front on his own. I think Nisbet usually plays off Doidge, but I could be wrong there, maybe a Hibbee can comment. 

11 hours ago, Scot1 said:

It would’ve been interesting to see how Nisbet and Dykes linked up in the last 20-25 minutes against Luxembourg.

I think Dykes is the only one of the 3 strikers we have that can play up front on his own. I think Nisbet usually plays off Doidge, but I could be wrong there, maybe a Hibbee can comment. 

I think you're right. Both Dykes and Adams have a partner  at their clubs (Austin and Ings). Interestingly, both Faddy and McCann named the two together in their team on sportscene.

I’m not convinced a 5th Lyndon Dykes thread was required but yeah the English will tend to assume an EPL striker will start ahead of a championship one. Doesn’t really work like that when they are completely different types of striker. 

I suspect that Dykes will play up front with Christie rather than Adams next week. Or possibly Fraser if he’s fit enough. 

Dykes will be first choice.

Yes, we could do with a better forward, but atm we don't really have one.

Nisbet could be better in due course and hopefully sooner rather than later. But until the next Joe Jordan comes along, Dykes will have to do.

7 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Dykes will be first choice.

Yes, we could do with a better forward, but atm we don't really have one.

Nisbet could be better in due course and hopefully sooner rather than later. But until the next Joe Jordan comes along, Dykes will have to do.

i honestly think hes been great for us, of course we would like a harry kane or aguero playing for us but dykes has done really well and will be a squad member for a few years at least. we need a strong squad for the future and he helps with that.

I am a Lyndon Dykes fan.

He is a bit raw (certainly no Pele) - but be brings a physical presence, athleticism and honest work-rate to the front line.

His main strength is holding the ball up and knocking it on for advancing players.  He really adds a focus to our team in the same way that Brophey did for Killie under Clarke.

2 hours ago, peterclarke23 said:

Dykes is the type who need to be challenged/ kept on his toes.

Started great for us but at the same time was floundering at QPR this season until Che Adams joined the setup. Only then did his season kick start.

I’m not sure if Dykes club performances are only driven by the competition he faces in the Scotland squad.