Silence - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Silence

Guest Scot1

Guest Scot1

Silence from FIFA, UEFA and the SFA about the actions of Israel tells me all I need to know about these guardians of morality. I’m sure Clarke his back room staff and the players will all say something when we play them next.

15 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Silence from FIFA, UEFA and the SFA about the actions of Israel tells me all I need to know about these guardians of morality. I’m sure Clarke his back room staff and the players will all say something when we play them next.

What has any of that got to do with FIFA, UEFA or the SFA?

I don't know what's going on in Israel and I don't want to know. It's boring.

There are political threads in the non TA Section. Warning, though, reading them will send you to sleep.

20 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

There are political threads in the non TA Section. Warning, though, reading them will send you to sleep.

Did you agree with the sporting boycott of South Africa in the 1980s?

Was it right that the Berlin Olympics went to Nazi Germany?

You can’t separate sport from the rest of life.  I’m not saying that the Israeli state’s actions are commensurate with those regimes, but in the sliding scale of bad behaviour there comes a point where sporting competitions with those responsible are not appropriate.

Whether Israel has crossed that line is the matter for debate.  Killing children in their own territory with air strikes has gotta be close. 

1 minute ago, adamntg said:

You can’t separate sport from the rest of life.  I’m not saying that the Israeli state’s actions are commensurate with those regimes, but in the sliding scale of bad behaviour there comes a point where sporting competitions with those responsible are not appropriate.

Whether Israel has crossed that line is the matter for debate.  Killing children in their own territory with air strikes has gotta be close. 

Probably not as I was still in nappies. 😛

Nope.

Football (or sport) shouldn't mix. 

I mean, where does it stop? Do we ban USA from all sporting events because of their extermination of Native Americans?

(Oh. By the way, if Turnbull, Gauld and Gilmour get called up for Euro 2020 I will remind you that you said their selection were "wild cards" and "left field" ;))

Guest Scot1
33 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

These organisations have used football as a vehicle to preach their political ideology for decades. The message of “Equality”, “Universal Human Rights” etc. I find it more than a little hypocritical of them to turn a blind eye to a nation which is actively engaged in genocide.

Why is Israel’s national team and club teams allowed to compete in European competitions? They aren’t European, they aren’t in Europe. Is it because it doesn’t get on well with any of its neighbours? Well UEFA, FIFA have been telling me for years that football is a great way to bridge divides, to bring people together. Well you’re not going to do that by allowing Israel to play within UEFA.

Just now, Scot1 said:

These organisations have used football as a vehicle to preach their political ideology for decades. The message of “Equality”, “Universal Human Rights” etc. I find it more than a little hypocritical of them to turn a blind eye to a nation which is actively engaged in genocide.

Why is Israel’s national team and club teams allowed to compete in European competitions? They aren’t European, they aren’t in Europe. Is it because it doesn’t get on well with any of its neighbours? Well UEFA, FIFA have been telling me for years that football is a great way to bridge divides, to bring people together. Well you’re not going to do that by allowing Israel to play within UEFA.

Yeah. I know.

But UEFA say one thing and do the comple opposite. The Glenn Kamara racism row was a prime example of that.

If this continues into the Summer, the only thing that will happen is that their home international matches will be switched to a neutral venue.

No chance of them being banned or expelled or anything.

Guest Scot1

I agree that football and sport in general should be kept separate from politics as much as possible. But it was these organisations which decided themselves to start bringing political ideology into football. 
Well they should be made to live up to their own words.

1 hour ago, Taylor1996 said:

I saw a tweet from a Palestinian women saying that she was taking her kids into the same bedroom as her that night so that "when" they die then nobody is left to mourn the other. That might bore you, but most decent human beings would find it heartbreaking.

6 minutes ago, Flipping eck said:

I saw a tweet from a Palestinian women saying that she was taking her kids into the same bedroom as her that night so that "when" they die then nobody is left to mourn the other. That might bore you, but most decent human beings would find it heartbreaking.

2% of the population of the USA are Native American. That is also heartbreaking. 

We don't talk about that.

As I said, there is a political section on the other side of the bored... I mean, board. 

3 hours ago, Scot1 said:

Fifa gave Qatar the World Cup which we’re attempting to qualify for the UEFA ran qualifiers, so any statement on what’s happening in Palestine would be superficial at best. 

Guest Scot1

Ok I think I’ve get it now. It’s ok for FIFA, UEFA and the SFA to brow beats us with messages of “Tolerance”, “Diversity” and demand that we welcome with open arms every type of person into our nations and cultures. And if we refuse or object to all of our towns and city’s becoming “Multicultural” we are “Racist”. Whilst accepting Israel, a state striving for a ethnic homogenous nation and murdering anyone who gets in its way. And if we disagree or object then we are called “Anti-Semitic”. Fair Play indeed

3 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

Maybe stop watching so much football and switch on the news to see the “boring” child deaths and suffering sometime. 

4 hours ago, adamntg said:

Agree with Scot and Adam. Taylor's response shows a lack of humanity and immaturity.

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

Ok I think I’ve get it now. It’s ok for FIFA, UEFA and the SFA to brow beats us with messages of “Tolerance”, “Diversity” and demand that we welcome with open arms every type of person into our nations and cultures. And if we refuse or object to all of our towns and city’s becoming “Multicultural” we are “Racist”. Whilst accepting Israel, a state striving for a ethnic homogenous nation and murdering anyone who gets in its way. And if we disagree or object then we are called “Anti-Semitic”. Fair Play indeed

Very succinctly put.

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

I'm allowed my opinion.

This is the TA section. Not the political section. 

(Cancel culture in motion)

We’re also all allowed to think you’re a half wit who should removed from this forum for all our sakes. And that’s what we all think. 

Just now, ProudScot said:

We’re also all allowed to think you’re a half wit who should removed from this forum for all our sakes. And that’s what we all think. 

I don’t. Block him if he annoys you so much. But in the grand scheme of things it’s a nothing comment. 

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I don’t. Block him if he annoys you so much. But in the grand scheme of things it’s a nothing comment. 

I suspect you aren't alone.

He won't block me as he'd have one less thing to moan about. 

It's just a case of one person speaking on behalf of the vast minority. They just don't realise it.

5 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Fifa gave Qatar the World Cup which we’re attempting to qualify for the UEFA ran qualifiers, so any statement on what’s happening in Palestine would be superficial at best. 

Fifa and uefa jump on whatever band wagon makes them look good. They're the worst hypocrites going. 

Last month they were all about the fans and saving football, this week they're making sure their corporate suits are taken care of whilst the CL finalist need to travel to Portugal despite both of them coming from England.

Fifa and uefa are the last organisations I'd expect to condemn the actions of that cunt of a country, Israel. 

Pakistan were recently suspended from FIFA, but think that was more down to corruption.

Thing with the Israel national team is that it’s one of the the “success” stories... there is predominantly more Arabs than Jews in the starting line up for them these days (with 2 or 3 Palestinians) and the team captain himself is a Muslim.

So in the eyes of FIFA the football team is doing nothing wrong.

Even at club level, Bitar Jerusalem have recently saw investment from Qatar into the club and a Israeli player recently moved to the UAE league.

Edited by wanderer