Iain St John - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Iain St John

stocky

Saint and Greavsie was an absolute revolution in football coverage. As soon as they appeared on the scene, I thought that we should have a Scottish version of that. Then eventually we got Stuart and Tam.

I don't think many of today's internationals are anywhere near as passionate about playing for their country as The Saint was.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

He'd been battling cancer for quite a few years.

Sad news, Saint and Greavsie were part of the pre match ritual for many a Saturday :(

Possibly the most accurate video ever made about watching Scotland at the World Cup...

That's a brilliant video.It could be a video of any of us watching Scotland.You can't fakethat kind of reaction.A mixture of hope,desperation for the team to do well and anger.Rest in peace Saint.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

He'd been battling cancer for quite a few years.

Sad news, Saint and Greavsie were part of the pre match ritual for many a Saturday :(

Possibly the most accurate video ever made about watching Scotland at the World Cup...

The sheer agony of following Scotland 

RIP.

His passion towards playing for, and supporting Scotland, could be a lesson for some of today's players and fans 

I only partially remember the final season of "Saint and Greavsie". Way back before the English game was ruined by greed and money*.

*However, if it wasn't, England may have won another World Cup or European Championships... so yay for greed!

Didn't know that he came from Motherwell. Not far from me. Larnarkshire has produced so many Scottish football legends: Jock Stein, Ian St John, Davie Cooper, Barry Ferguson.

Edited by Taylor1996