BEAUTIFUL ... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BEAUTIFUL ...

scotsgary1

Although im not suggesting here that 22 years of failing to qualify was worth that moment last night

But i wonder if in the last 22 years if an England fan would have experienced that exuberance which we did last night - when you qualify easily every time and you kind of under perform at the vast majority of the tournaments - would England fans have experienced, in the last 22 years, quite the moment we had last night 

I dont know and i guess it doesnt matter - heads all over the place 

13 minutes ago, borojock said:

Although im not suggesting here that 22 years of failing to qualify was worth that moment last night

But i wonder if in the last 22 years if an England fan would have experienced that exuberance which we did last night - when you qualify easily every time and you kind of under perform at the vast majority of the tournaments - would England fans have experienced, in the last 22 years, quite the moment we had last night 

I dont know and i guess it doesnt matter - heads all over the place 

Wow ... I dunno what I can say. I’m a wreck 

10 hours ago, exile said:

I guess non football fans, or fans of big nations that qualify at a canter every time, just won't, can't ever have that feeling. 22 years! That feeling well and truly earned!  :guitar:

Watching Brazil fans greetin' while Germany pumped them a few years ago just made me say, Have a taste o' that!   Now you have an inkling of what it's like for us.

1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

We will be playing with a lot more freedom and less pressure from now on I feel. Will be interesting to see where our world ranking is now. I thought we were much superior to Serbia who are ranked higher than us.

These next two games will be interesting.   Hope we don't let things slip.

I dont often post in this section , I prefer to read . Being a woman who has never played football I feel there is little I can contribute to a lot of the threads. 

But you dont need to be an expert tactician to recognise how far we have come in this campaign,  and to love watching your country succeed at a sport you have a passion for. I havent felt so excited about a game for a while. My daughter said I reached a pitch only dogs could hear when Marshall saved that penalty. 
The team were immense last night 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿❤️