Historical Week - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Historical Week

romanticscot

The original plan pre-covid was pub with my mates and then if we were successful get bladdered and crash at my parents house so I didn't disturb my then pregnant wife 😂

Now it's a few beers in front of the telly to calm the nerves and trying not to shout too loudly so I don't wake up my 6 month old.  

Euro 96 and France 98 were the only 2 finals I have any real memories of us at, I can remember bits and pieces of Italia 90 and euro 92 but was too young to care.

@marky . No offence, but I will hold you responsible now for putting the hex on us too. 

remember 74 vaguely. I took the huff when we got knocked out undefeated. Don’t start me on 78. Fast forward to 98 and it took me ten days to get home from St Ettiene in time for my son’s 1st birthday. He talks about the games he’s attended as akin to child abuse . 

this could be the best night football wise ever for me . The what ifs are enormous. 

5 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

That's funny 🤣

A good friend of mine goes to matches with his dad and brother.  They got 2 tickets for the each of the matches in France.  My pal, being the good guy that he is volunteered to miss out, with the modest words of: "I'll go next time".  

Ooof thats a sore one man. You'd think they would all go and take turns or something.

Woman I know won tickets in the record to the Brazil game. 

On 11/10/2020 at 8:03 AM, McTeeko said:

Saying goodbye to my auld man at his funeral on the Thursday morning, so finding it difficult to really look forward to the game until that’s all over with.
It’s going to be a weird as fuck day - the day I never wanted to come is also the day I’ve been waiting more that two decades for. 
He was always saying “Mair money than sense!” every time I told him I was booked up for games away to Macedonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan etc. 

If there’s such a thing as divine intervention, I’ll ask him to give us a wee nod 😉 (I don’t think we’ll need it though) ✊🏼🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

We may well have got a nod and a half there fella!  

It's great to have won our immediate goal in front of us but it's taking a little for the perspective to sink in.

We've all been waiting for this for our entire time on the TAMB, right?

The last time we qualified, the internet was something you dialled up on a telephone land-line. If you were lucky you might manage to get hold of a video-cassette of the match afterwards, otherwise rely on the TV companies for coverage...

2 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

We may well have got a nod and a half there fella!  

Completely lost it when Marshall made that save. An emotional day for sure, but one that ended in tears of joy! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥃

BB9AC140-3488-4BF7-B826-A95AFF031613.jpeg

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

Completely lost it when Marshall made that save. An emotional day for sure, but one that ended in tears of joy! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥃

Nice pic buddy. Nice that the kids get to see Scotland play a tournament. Glasgow will be bouncing for the Hampden games especially. 

9 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Chuffed for yous. Chuffed for all those in the team , squad  and every hunt on TAMB who is Huffed anaw.