Worst/Funniest goals you’ve seen in person - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Worst/Funniest goals you’ve seen in person

I have absolutely no skill at all playing the game and only played when we had to at school PE.

On a freezing cold, wet Friday morning on a red ash pitch. One of the mosher cunts who habitually gave me a hard time every day kept calling me stuff on the pitch (we were playing in the same team) and the game was tied at 5-5 or something like that, so right at the end I deliberately back heeled the ball into my own net just to spite the cunt. 

He was not a happy chappy :lol:

Another I saw first hand was Denis Connaghan throwing the ball into his own net in a Drybrough Cup game v Airdrie in 1974.

He was throwing the ball out to Danny McGrain, when an Airdrie player closed McGrain down. Connaghan changed his mind but his thoughts weren't quick enough for his body, and the ball got thrown into his own goal.

Vividly remember the Sunday Mail picture the next day of Sam Goodwin (Airdrie captain) laughing as he made his way back for the kick-off.

Huddersfield v Lincoln 2004...the Lincoln keeper had the ball & the only other player his side of the halfway line was our striker Pavel Abbott.

The ball is hoofed clear, our lad wins the neader & back it goes to their keeper. Except Abbott...a good 50 yards offside, takes it, walks it around the keeper, who just stands there & lets him & tap it in. We were all just waiting for the inevitable yellow card but the ref runs over to the lino, & after about a minute gave a goal. Cue all hell breaking loose on the Lincoln bench & quite possibly the most angry post-match interview I ever heard after we won 2-1.

It's the only time I ever remember a crowd celebrating a goal by laughing.

Apparently the lino thought that the return header skimmed the top of a Lincoln player's head...which would still have been offside anyway...but if it did he must have had some sort of superpower eyesight.

Edited by Huddersfield