Aaron Hickey - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aaron Hickey

Taylor1996

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

You're very welcome.

Good to see him involved in the first team squad (I had expected him to be stuck in the youth squad, which usually happens with young Scottish players who make high profile moves).

:)

The difference between him joining Bologna of Bayern Munich was that he was going to be put in the Bayern youth team, whereas, Bologna told him that he'd go straight into the main squad.

It shows how strongly Bologna wanted him.

I really hope Hickey doesn't regret his decision to snub Bayern Munich. It would've been great to have three youngsters with them. Time will tell. It'll be interesting to see it unfold.

20 hours ago, Taylor1996 said:

:)

The difference between him joining Bologna of Bayern Munich was that he was going to be put in the Bayern youth team, whereas, Bologna told him that he'd go straight into the main squad.

It shows how strongly Bologna wanted him.

I really hope Hickey doesn't regret his decision to snub Bayern Munich. It would've been great to have three youngsters with them. Time will tell. It'll be interesting to see it unfold.

Bologna is a better choice for him.  If he secure his place in the first team and stars in Serie A, there will be no shortage of clubs including Bayern that will be interested.  

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Bologna is a better choice for him.  If he secure his place in the first team and stars in Serie A, there will be no shortage of clubs including Bayern that will be interested.  

It depends where they play him. I don’t think Hickey is a full back. Bayern would have figured out where he should play and developed him. Bologna will be more concerned about getting results and less worried about his long term future. Time will tell, I suppose. 

Football Italia website rated him as one of Bologna's best players tonight:

https://www.football-italia.net/159495/bologna-4-1-parma-soriano-and-hickey-inspire

Mihalijovic liked what he saw aswell:

https://www.football-italia.net/159501/mihajlovic-hickey-has-quality

All very promising. Will try to catch a few more Bologna games this season, they're a team who play on the front foot so he'll be tested at both ends.

Too bad this match conflicted with the Liverpoll vs Arsenal match, as I would've watched.

All very promising. Let's just hope he keeps it up.

It's obvious that he has quality, as Bayern Munich's scouts we're impressed. They're no mugs.

Most of the comments from SPL fans in this place is that they couldn't see what was so special about him, which doesn't surprise me, to be honest.

Edited by Taylor1996