How Was Your Day? - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Was Your Day?

Toepoke

Went to Dows from about 11.15 till half 1 before scoffing a McDonalds and heading to Brechins Bar in Govan for an hour before the game, got to th stadium for the anthems and had an excellent view and thought the atmosphere was fantastic, back to dows we went to laugh at some folk on karaoke but ended up having to get the 9.40 train back to Perth, dont know why Scotrail cancelled later trains?

A braw day sort of spoiled by going to the game.

Being disabled with 2 prosthetic limbs I arrived at Ibrox 45 mins before kick off to avoid the crowds. To my dismay I found my ticket was for the very top row in the Govan stand which was not good. I asked if I could be reseated in the disabled section as the stairs would be a nightmare. The steward said to wait 5 mins and he would go and find out. He never came back.. When game started I was still standing outside so I hobbled along to the disabled entrance and asked if I could sit in there. The guy said not without a disabled ticket. I showed him my 2 prosthetics but he wasn't interested so I went to the ticket office and asked if I could exchange my seat for one in the disabled section. I was told no.

By this time what is left of my legs was killing me, so I decided to abandon going to the game and try and find a bar to sit and watch it on a telly.

While making my wayround the front of Ibrox a steward wearing a Rangers tie saw me having difficulty walking and asked if he could help me. I told him my story, he rolled his eyes, said f....king jobsworths took me in through the front entrance and got me a cracker of a seat on the first level of the main stand just in time to see the goal.

The day ended up ok but after all the hassle I don't think I'll ever attend another home game.

Being disabled with 2 prosthetic limbs I arrived at Ibrox 45 mins before kick off to avoid the crowds. To my dismay I found my ticket was for the very top row in the Govan stand which was not good. I asked if I could be reseated in the disabled section as the stairs would be a nightmare. The steward said to wait 5 mins and he would go and find out. He never came back.. When game started I was still standing outside so I hobbled along to the disabled entrance and asked if I could sit in there. The guy said not without a disabled ticket. I showed him my 2 prosthetics but he wasn't interested so I went to the ticket office and asked if I could exchange my seat for one in the disabled section. I was told no.

By this time what is left of my legs was killing me, so I decided to abandon going to the game and try and find a bar to sit and watch it on a telly.

While making my wayround the front of Ibrox a steward wearing a Rangers tie saw me having difficulty walking and asked if he could help me. I told him my story, he rolled his eyes, said f....king jobsworths took me in through the front entrance and got me a cracker of a seat on the first level of the main stand just in time to see the goal.

The day ended up ok but after all the hassle I don't think I'll ever attend another home game.

That fooking enrages me Wull

I hope you contact the SFA and get compensated

Surely there are tickets available in advance to help with your condition?

You can apply for a disabled ticket Alan and you don't even have to pay for it. Because I don't like to admit to being disabled I prefer to pay my own way, It gives me a wee bit of dignity.

I don't like to be a hindrance to others so I always try to arrive early and leave before the end, that way I can avoid the queues outside and the mass exit. I knew the game was not a sell out so there was a good chance I could be reseated. If it had been a sellout I would have gritted the teeth and climbed the steps.

That fooking enrages me Wull

I hope you contact the SFA and get compensated

The way I look at it Ally it wasn't the SFA's fault. As I said above the SFA will even give you a free seat. It was my choice to pay (daft as that may sound) The steward that never came back must have got caught up in something more important.

I was pissed off at the lassie in the ticket booth though. The first one was all sympathetic and went to see her superior to authorise the change of seat. Then this huffy lassie came back with her, gave me a ticking off for not applying in advance for a disabled seat and just kept saying there is nothing we can do.

You can apply for a disabled ticket Alan and you don't even have to pay for it. Because I don't like to admit to being disabled I prefer to pay my own way, It gives me a wee bit of dignity.

I don't like to be a hindrance to others so I always try to arrive early and leave before the end, that way I can avoid the queues outside and the mass exit. I knew the game was not a sell out so there was a good chance I could be reseated. If it had been a sellout I would have gritted the teeth and climbed the steps.

are you sure its free wull,thought they had started to charge for disabled tickets this campain or is it the carer they have started to charge for?another slight on the sfa

are you sure its free wull,thought they had started to charge for disabled tickets this campain or is it the carer they have started to charge for?another slight on the sfa

You could be right. I bought the season ticket thing for the world cup qualifiers in the disabled section. I seem to mind it was £150 quid.

Cracking day! A pint in the Electric in Motherwell then train to Glasgow. Rest of the day in the Iron Horse which was excellent and great atmosphere. Buses from there ran like a Swiss watch to Ibrox. Quick couple of jaegers in the Wee Rangers Club then 3 points!!

Back on the bus to the Iron Horse and wee sing song there before getting train back to Electric for last couple of drinks.

All in all superb!! Cheers

This was my Boys first game and I am doing the Sober for October charity thing so no booze resulted in a very different match day experience for me.

4 and a half year old Jimmy McCann woke me up at 5.45am saying “Daddy, Daddy is it time for the football match?” We were both way too excited to go back to sleep so up we got up.

At 10 am I had to meet a potential new employer’s Sales Director for a coffee I had told them I would be up in Scotland and as that is where he lived seemed silly not to meet up. A wee chat that turned in to a second interview, but I had kinda guessed it might so had done my prep. I showed my sales man prowess by convincing him to come to the Ireland game! Anyway, I smashed the interview so no worries but I was pretty knackered after it as they drain me Interviews. Job offer pretty much in the bag, back to my cousin’s house for bacon and egg rolls!

Rocked up to Ibrox at 2pm, found it very easy to park just around the corner, quick walk to the stadium with my lad Jimmy on my shoulders, he was so excited. Bought him a flag (How he didn’t take some ones eye out with it is still beyond me) and rolled along to the Fun Zone. The boy was a wee bit shy at first but eventually got in to the swing of things, got his face painted, played some football and did everything in his power to accidentally stab folk with his flag on a stick so I got to say the Dad line of “you’ll have someones eye out with that if you are not careful”. The fun zone was perfect for him and other folk with kids. Only gutted we only saw Snodgrass in the distance. Would have loved to thank him for his goals a Stirling Albion and got a photo.

4pm over to the stadium to get some scran and a wee sit down before the big event. My boy was a bit over whelmed at the size of the place but soon warmed up when he saw Roary the Lion. I seriously never understood why clubs have those diddys dressed up until then. My boy loved him because Roary had sent him a birthday card (SSC membership perks) and it helped put him at ease with his surroundings.

There was no queue for food so Happy days thought I until I realised if the IQ of the lassie serving us had been any lower she would have needed watering. Took almost 20 minutes to order a kids meal deal thing and a pie! I was going to order a drink for me but had lost the will to live and my boy was on the verge of a meltdown. In her defence I think she was new, didn’t know how to use the till, was as thick as pig sh!t and had no help. Pie was better than expected.

The match came and went and my boy enjoyed it, sat on my knee almost all game. I think he spent more time soaking in the atmosphere and looking around him that watching the actual game but we were right behind the goal when the goal was scored so hopefully he will remember that. I did need a supply of sweeties to stave off the odd dip in attention but then he is only 4 and a half!

We got out and to the car quick enough then out of Glasgow within 45 mins so all good. Had a KFC on the way home and we both were in bed early as it was a knackering day all in all.

I am looking forward to the Ireland game without kids in tow but I think when I get into the stadium that it won’t quite be the same without my boy.

IMG_20141011_162049.jpg

Proud Scot and proud dad.

IMG_20141011_154053.jpg

Edited by kmcca5

This was my Boys first game and I am doing the Sober for October charity thing so no booze resulted in a very different match day experience for me.

4 and a half year old Jimmy McCann woke me up at 5.45am saying Daddy, Daddy is it time for the football match? We were both way too excited to go back to sleep so up we got up.

At 10 am I had to meet a potential new employers Sales Director for a coffee I had told them I would be up in Scotland and as that is where he lived seemed silly not to meet up. A wee chat that turned in to a second interview, but I had kinda guessed it might so had done my prep. I showed my sales man prowess by convincing him to come to the Ireland game! Anyway, I smashed the interview so no worries but I was pretty knackered after it as they drain me Interviews. Job offer pretty much in the bag, back to my cousins house for bacon and egg rolls!

Rocked up to Ibrox at 2pm, found it very easy to park just around the corner, quick walk to the stadium with my lad Jimmy on my shoulders, he was so excited. Bought him a flag (How he didnt take some ones eye out with it is still beyond me) and rolled along to the Fun Zone. The boy was a wee bit shy at first but eventually got in to the swing of things, got his face painted, played some football and did everything in his power to accidentally stab folk with his flag on a stick so I got to say the Dad line of youll have someones eye out with that if you are not careful. The fun zone was perfect for him and other folk with kids. Only gutted we only saw Snodgrass in the distance. Would have loved to thank him for his goals a Stirling Albion and got a photo.

4pm over to the stadium to get some scran and a wee sit down before the big event. My boy was a bit over whelmed at the size of the place but soon warmed up when he saw Roary the Lion. I seriously never understood why clubs have those diddys dressed up until then. My boy loved him because Roary had sent him a birthday card (SSC membership perks) and it helped put him at ease with his surroundings.

There was no queue for food so Happy days thought I until I realised if the IQ of the lassie serving us had been any lower she would have needed watering. Took almost 20 minutes to order a kids meal deal thing and a pie! I was going to order a drink for me but had lost the will to live and my boy was on the verge of a meltdown. In her defence I think she was new, didnt know how to use the till, was as thick as pig sh!t and had no help. Pie was better than expected.

The match came and went and my boy enjoyed it, sat on my knee almost all game. I think he spent more time soaking in the atmosphere and looking around him that watching the actual game but we were right behind the goal when the goal was scored so hopefully he will remember that. I did need a supply of sweeties to stave off the odd dip in attention but then he is only 4 and a half!

We got out and to the car quick enough then out of Glasgow within 45 mins so all good. Had a KFC on the way home and we both were in bed early as it was a knackering day all in all.

I am looking forward to the Ireland game without kids in tow but I think when I get into the stadium that it wont quite be the same without my boy.

IMG_20141011_162049.jpg

IMG_20141011_154053.jpg

Superb, absolutely love that. Being in my early twenties I can assure you my day was entirely different but I look forward to enjoying games like that one day in the future. :)

4 and a half year old Jimmy McCann woke me up at 5.45am saying “Daddy, Daddy is it time for the football match?” We were both way too excited to go back to sleep so up we got up.

At 10 am I had to meet a potential new employer’s Sales Director for a coffee I had told them I would be up in Scotland and as that is where he lived seemed silly not to meet up. A wee chat that turned in to a second interview, but I had kinda guessed it might so had done my prep. I showed my sales man prowess by convincing him to come to the Ireland game! Anyway, I smashed the interview so no worries but I was pretty knackered after it as they drain me Interviews. Job offer pretty much in the bag, back to my cousin’s house for bacon and egg rolls!

Rocked up to Ibrox at 2pm, found it very easy to park just around the corner, quick walk to the stadium with my lad Jimmy on my shoulders, he was so excited. Bought him a flag (How he didn’t take some ones eye out with it is still beyond me) and rolled along to the Fun Zone. The boy was a wee bit shy at first but eventually got in to the swing of things, got his face painted, played some football and did everything in his power to accidentally stab folk with his flag on a stick so I got to say the Dad line of “you’ll have someones eye out with that if you are not careful”. The fun zone was perfect for him and other folk with kids. Only gutted we only saw Snodgrass in the distance. Would have loved to thank him for his goals a Stirling Albion and got a photo.

There was no queue for food so Happy days thought I until I realised if the IQ of the lassie serving us had been any lower she would have needed watering. Took almost 20 minutes to order a kids meal deal thing and a pie! I was going to order a drink for me but had lost the will to live and my boy was on the verge of a meltdown. In her defence I think she was new, didn’t know how to use the till, was as thick as pig sh!t and had no help. Pie was better than expected.

I am looking forward to the Ireland game without kids in tow but I think when I get into the stadium that it won’t quite be the same without my boy.

IMG_20141011_162049.jpg

IMG_20141011_154053.jpg

Great to read stuff like this.

I too had a sober day as Mrs Angus-Young is expecting so I'm aff it for now. Can't wait for days like this with my wee boy/lass.

Glad you had a good un mate and well done on the new job :ok:

My faither died when I was 2, so never experienced that

I am very sad to hear that. My dad f@cked off when I was 8 so was in the same boat, he didn't like football anyway. That is why taking my son was so important to me. If you have kids make it special in honour of your dad.

Edited by kmcca5