Today’s starting XI - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today’s starting XI

Rscot

Just a quick run through today’s starting XI

Marshall: our most experienced goalkeeper available, couldn’t do anything for the goal or the disallowed goal. Don’t know enough about our other options to suggest that we have better. We don’t seem to have much strength in depth in this department, at the moment.

Taylor: Not playing regularly for club, he is only 22, will be interesting to see if he can push his way into the Celtic team. Combined well for our 2nd goal with Forrest. He does play in a position we’re we do have quality though, so I imagine it will be difficult for him to play regularly for Scotland. But seems a decent prospect and always good to have strength in depth, especially if he can get into the Celtic team.

Mckenna: again quite young, just turned 23 I believe. Looks to have all the physical attributes to be a very good centre halve. Plays regularly for Aberdeen, when not injured, suspended. Perhaps just lacking experience and maybe needs to play at a higher level domestically to improve. Will get stronger/faster as he matures. Hopefully his positional sense will improve as he ages and becomes more experienced. A half decent defensive coach should be able to turn him into a very good defender, depending on his mentality, personality. Did want to leave Aberdeen, so perhaps he know himself he needs to go to a better league to challenge himself and improve.

Gallagher: First cap, 28 y/o decent display, plays regularly for Motherwell who are having a good season so far, played well for Livingston in his 1st season in the top flight. A decent all round centre half, big strong, decent pace, decent on the ball. The only drawback is as someone mentioned in another thread. If Gallagher is playing regularly it means that one of our younger players isn’t getting caps, ie Souttar or Findlay etc. Decent addition to the squad I think though.

Palmer: 28 y/o, plays regularly for Sheffield Utd. RB is one of our problem positions, played ok, had a decent effort deflected for a corner. I’d like to think we could have more competition for this position though. Not sure if that will come from Hickey or perhaps even Tierney. But we do have a shortage of quality RB’s at this time.

Jack: again 1st cap, 27y/o plays regularly for Rangers, having a good season. Another problem position for us, seemed to play ok, hard to tell from tv, as you don’t see all the work off the ball. He is decent on the ball, no doubt. But is he aggressive enough in the tackle, does he have the strength. physicality and mindset/attitude we’ve been lacking in midfield, I’m unsure, willing to play him again though to build a more comprehensive opinion. 

Forrest: we know what we’ve got with Forrest, a very good attacking midfielder, combined well with Taylor on the left for 2nd goal, perhaps not best suited to play on the left and should be played on the right to get the best out of him. Will be in squad for the next few years. We do have some strength in depth for this position, Fraser, Burke etc.

Magregor: played well enough, would like to see more competition for his position, either from Armstrong or eventually Gilmour. Had played a lot of games and could perhaps be doing with a rest.

Mcginn, possibly mom, him or Christie, good box-box midfielder, only 25, will get stronger, better, playing regularly in English Premier.  In my opinion him and Mctominey should be competing for the same position, plus we have Fleck doing well at the moment too. We have strength in depth for this position for foreseeable future. 

Christie: good display, only 24, playing regularly with Celtic, will get better, stronger with age. I’m inclined to think he be better in a more central position though. Again this area of the park, we seem to have some strength in depth, but an in form Christie is possibly our best attacking midfielder. Was up beside Naismith harrying opposition back line, dropping back to defend and pick up possession, put in a good shift from a player with skill and class.

Naismith: The other problem position, put in a decent shift, showed his experience and won his fair share of fouls, tried to link up play as best he could. He is 33 y/o so is in no way the future. Just returned from injury and starting again for Hearts. Is a decent finisher, but does have literal shortcomings in lack of physical strength, height. Best we’ve got at the moment? 

Just now, Rscot said:

It’s a football forum, you’re in the wrong place if you want to discuss your sewing and crocheting. But I thought this thread would be better for going in depth on each player.

What fuck does this mean? Can anyone translate?

5 minutes ago, Rscot said:

It translates as “It’s a football forum, I’m putting down my thoughts, ok mate”, tit

Ah I see thanks for confirming. Why couldn't you use the other starting 11 threads? 

There seems to be an influx of chrippers lately, maybe @Farcity was right.

Edited by vanderark14

Just now, Rscot said:

What the fuck is a Chripper? I wanted to concentrate on the players, the other threads are going off on tangents.

Are you  new to football forums? They rarely stay on topic, especially on the TA specific board

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ah I see thanks for confirming. Why couldn't you use the other starting 11 threads? 

There seems to be an influx of chrippers lately, maybe @Farcity was right.

Chripper is alive and well on here. He has at least 3 profiles on the go, I think 5 though, and they all respond to one another. It is 100% the same sad fucker. 

1 minute ago, Rscot said:

I don’t spend much time on any kind of forum. But I know that threads have a habit of veering off.  That’s why I started this thread, to try to keep the discussion on the players, squad.

You seem quite at home in this forum...........   

Just now, Farcity said:

Chripper is alive and well on here. He has at least 3 profiles on the go, I think 5 though, and they all respond to one another. It is 100% the same sad fucker. 

I know he is TDK. It wouldn't surprise me if he or she had more profiles. Whether it's a he or she, it's still an arsehole

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Why would you capitalise Chripper if you didn’t know what (or who) it was? 

🤔

Because I copied how the twat wrote it. I’ve reported all the reply’s in this thread for hijacking the thread, talking shite, for questioning my right to start a thread, for accusing me of being part of some grand conspiracy. The sad bastard that has spent over 12 years of his life on this forum needs to get a fkn grip of himself 

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I know he is TDK. It wouldn't surprise me if he or she had more profiles. Whether it's a he or she, it's still an arsehole

Many more than that though. What a shit existence it has, wedged somewhere between that of those fish that spend their life eating dead skin off jaikies feet or a bluebottle who eats shit and flies at high speed into windows and mirrors.  

1 minute ago, Farcity said:

Many more than that though. What a shit existence it has, wedged somewhere between that of those fish that spend their life eating dead skin off jaikies feet or a bluebottle who eats shit and flies at high speed into windows and mirrors.  

Hahahaha. Fcuk that made me lol a lot. Poor them hahaha 

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Well done on starting the thread I hope some of the more knowledgeable forum members put their thoughts down here.

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping for. Instead look at the posts I got for my efforts. Are these twats mods? Do they think that because they’ve spent half their life’s on here that they own this space?

12 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping for. Instead look at the posts I got for my efforts. Are these twats mods? Do they think that because they’ve spent half their life’s on here that they own this space?

There are no mods here, its every man and woman for themselves.

Yours,

one of the twats.

Edited by vanderark14

6 minutes ago, Rscot said:

We all know you are a published author, but fuck sake no need to write your novels here.

You know a bit too much about the place for someone who only joined on Wednesday eh? You wee rascal you. 

3 minutes ago, Farcity said:

We all know you are a published author, but fuck sake no need to write your novels here.

You know a bit too much about the place for someone who only joined on Wednesday eh? You wee rascal you. 

Exactly.

17 minutes ago, Rscot said:

Because I copied how the twat wrote it. I’ve reported all the reply’s in this thread for hijacking the thread, talking shite, for questioning my right to start a thread, for accusing me of being part of some grand conspiracy. The sad bastard that has spent over 12 years of his life on this forum needs to get a fkn grip of himself 

He didn’t though. Although he did edit his post so maybe he did originally and changed it. 

Your almost instant response also suggests you are Chripper. I really don’t care if you are or not to be honest but you’re doing a good impersonation of him. 

Grassing to the mods is a bit harsh is it no?

One thing that gets on most people’s tits on here is multiple posts about the same topic so if you’re genuinely not Chripper you might be better bearing that in mind. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

He didn’t though. Although he did edit his post so maybe he did originally and changed it. 

Your almost instant response also suggests you are Chripper. I really don’t care if you are or not to be honest but you’re doing a good impersonation of him. 

Grassing to the mods is a bit harsh is it no?

One thing that gets on most people’s tits on here is multiple posts about the same topic so if you’re genuinely not Chripper you might be better bearing that in mind. 

How about you fuck off and mind your own business, why don’t you bear that in mind