Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mrniaboc

We just do not have the players

Recommended Posts

Andy Robertson 

Scott McTominay 

Ryan Fraser 

John McGinn 

Kieran Tierney 

Billy Gilmour 

 

I'm so done with this argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Andy Robertson 

Scott McTominay 

Ryan Fraser 

John McGinn 

Kieran Tierney 

Billy Gilmour 

 

I'm so done with this argument. 

2 x Fullbacks

3 x central midfielders

1 x winger

I'd swap 2 of the fulbacks and the 1 winger for a top goalkeeper and two top class central defenders. 

Right now we have no defence. It's akin to trying to build a house by bypassing the foundations. Why do you think I'm scrambling around talking about a back 3/5? Because I like a back three? Hmmm.. No. I've never once said I like a back three. I'd play it out of sheer necessity.

In a perfect world we'd play with a back four. Right now, Clarke's main job is to forge a defence from scraps, to do that he has to condense the middle of defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

2 x Fullbacks

3 x central midfielders

1 x winger

I'd swap 2 of the fulbacks and the 1 winger for a top goalkeeper and two top class central defenders. 

Right now we have no defence. It's akin to trying to build a house by bypassing the foundations. Why do you think I'm scrambling around talking about a back 3/5? Because I like a back three? Hmmm.. No. I've never once said I like a back three. I'd play it out of sheer necessity.

In a perfect world we'd play with a back four. Right now, Clarke's main job is to forge a defence from scraps, to do that he has to condense the middle of defence.

I'm done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrniaboc said:

I'm done. 

Yeah. Because it's always about the management. It's always about bad coaching, etc. It's never the players...

Our players aren't good enough to participate in a major championship. As a collective unit we aren't good enough, I would've thought not qualifying for anything since 1998 would've been a bit of a clue.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Yeah. Because it's always about the management. It's always about bad coaching, etc. It's never the players...

Our players aren't good enough to participate in a major championship. As a collective unit we aren't good enough, I would've thought not qualifying for anything since 1998 would've been a bit of a clue.

Done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Yeah. Because it's always about the management. It's always about bad coaching, etc. It's never the players...

Our players aren't good enough to participate in a major championship. As a collective unit we aren't good enough, I would've thought not qualifying for anything since 1998 would've been a bit of a clue.

But... For the sake of argument, someone who wasn't done with this argument (as I am) might point of that of the aforementioned players, the oldest one (Ryan Fraser) was 4-years-old in 1998. So saying our past failures mean we don't have the players now really is a logical fallacy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

But... For the sake of argument, someone who wasn't done with this argument (as I am) might point of that of the aforementioned players, the oldest one (Ryan Fraser) was 4-years-old in 1998. So saying our past failures mean we don't have the players now really is a logical fallacy. 

Will we qualify via the mythical playoffs?

In my opinion, we have a 1% chance. And the fact that it's still possible to qualify is the reason it's 1% and not 0%.

So, if we don't qualify for the European Championships via the old fashioned way, or the playoffs, this is clear evidence that the players aren't up to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Will we qualify via the mythical playoffs?

In my opinion, we have a 1% chance. And the fact that it's still possible to qualify is the reason it's 1% and not 0%.

So, if we don't qualify for the European Championships via the old fashioned way, or the playoffs, this is clear evidence that the players aren't up to it.

Firstly, the playoffs actually do exist. 

Secondly, in my opinion there's a 98.5% chance your percentages are nonsense. 

Thirdly, back in the day guys used to say if a woman was thrown in a lake and she didn't drown it was clear evidence she was a witch. 

Finally, did I mention I'm done? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrniaboc said:

Firstly, the playoffs actually do exist. 

Secondly, in my opinion there's a 98.5% chance your percentages are nonsense. 

Thirdly, back in the day guys used to say if a woman was thrown in a lake and she didn't drown it was clear evidence she was a witch. 

Finally, did I mention I'm done? 

Sleep it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

Sleep what off? 

The drunkness.

Either you're drunk or you've completely and totally lost your mind. You've mentioned that you're "done" six times. Which is fair enough, but why make a thread about a topic that you don't want to discuss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Dark_Knight said:

The drunkness.

Either you're drunk or you've completely and totally lost your mind. You've mentioned that you're "done" six times. Which is fair enough, but why make a thread about a topic that you don't want to discuss?

I'm not drunk. Just done.

Frustrating when people just doggedly repeat themselves isn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WCTA said:

Mrniaboc’s been on the Ormond juice I think. 😂

Hahaha I wish! Spent my whole Friday evening travelling 6 hours out and back to play in a tennis match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

I'm not drunk. Just done.

Frustrating when people just doggedly repeat themselves isn't it? 

Fine. You're done, but if your argument is that we do have good enough players then you're as wrong as you are done.

Not when there's sense behind it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I'm also just excited to see a core group of really top class players coming through :)

Personally, I'm writing-off this current generation of players. Well, all of them apart from Tierney, Robertson, Fraser, McGinn, McTominay. I'd happily retire the rest.

Might sound insane but i'd promote players from u19/17/21 level, asap. I'm sick of players like Mulgrew, Cooper, McGregor, etc.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Personally, I'm writing-off this current generation of players. Well, all of them apart from Tierney, Robertson, Fraser, McTominay. I'd happily retire the rest.

Might sound insane but i'd promote players from u19/17/21 level, asap. I'm sick of players like Mulgrew, Cooper, McGregor, etc.

I think that's harsh on McGinn. 

Also, looking at how quickly those players have come out of the woodwork in the last 4 years I'm super hopeful that in the next 4 years it could happen with some centre backs and strikers too. Then we're cooking with gas! 

Try some positivity. It's good for your health. 

Edited by mrniaboc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mrniaboc said:

I think that's harsh on McGinn. 

Also, looking at how quickly those players have come out of the woodwork in the last 4 years I'm super hopeful that in the next 4 years it could happen with some centre backs and strikers too. Then we're cooking with gas! 

Try some positivity. It's good for your health. 

I added McGinn to the edit. I'd also add McKenna.

True. 

Positivity? Nah. I'll stick with cardio and weights. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...