Squad get-tegethers and bonding sessions - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad get-tegethers and bonding sessions

The_Dark_Knight

36 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

The op is one of these folk who go to Tartan Army new years eve parties and Ted Christopher gigs when there's no Scotland game scheduled for months, I'd suggest.

And goes to Hampden to watch the actual draw for next qualifiers 😂

On 10/13/2019 at 8:25 PM, bonzo said:

Absolute bawz did we have bonding sessions in 74, 78,82 etc wind and pish In my eyes. 

You would be surprised how old this idea is.

Ian McColl started this in the early 1960s. The players would meet up on a Monday or a Tuesday generally in a Glasgow hotel. and the`Anglos' even travelled up for these get togethers.

As well as discussing forthcoming fixtures they generally involved a light training session.

Initially they were considered a success in an attempt to bond a club like spirit within the camp and continued into the days of Bobby Brown but were abandoned when greater numbers began to pull out with the feeling they were devalued without all the players present.

Edited by Catchart Circle

2 hours ago, Terry Munro said:

The op is one of these folk who go to Tartan Army new years eve parties and Ted Christopher gigs when there's no Scotland game scheduled for months, I'd suggest.

2 hours ago, bonny78 said:

And goes to Hampden to watch the actual draw for next qualifiers 😂

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

It wouldn't surprise me if he's never set foot in Hampden in his puff.

This talking about me in the third person routine is akin to fishwives gossiping about their neighbours whilst putting laundry out in their clothes lines.

It's cringe-worthy.

Have anything to say to me, man up and either do it to me first person, or PM me. But do so in a clear and legible manner, as I'm a stlickler.

That's all. :)

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

2 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

You would be surprised how old this idea is.

Ian McColl started this in the early 1960s. The players would meet up on a Monday or a Tuesday generally in a Glasgow hotel. and the`Anglos' even travelled up for these get togethers.

As well as discussing forthcoming fixtures they generally involved a light training session.

Initially they were considered a success in an attempt to bond a club like spirit within the camp and continued into the days of Bobby Brown but were abandoned when greater numbers began to pull out with the feeling they were devalued without all the players present.

Very well said, mate.

Right now the only fly in the ointment would be finding open dates, but let's face it, footballers daily lives aren't exactly full, so I think they could quite easily come to an agreement that would suit all parties.

Our players have looked like strangers for gid knows how long, a few social gatherings wouldn't hurt. Hell, they might even go as far as learning first names...

Edited by The_Dark_Knight