2019-2020 season - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2019-2020 season

SkyBlueScot

Have been thinking for a while that next season could be a huge one for Scottish players.

We'll have 3 players at EPL top 6 teams if Fraser moves. I'm also really hopeful that this will be a break through season for Gilmour, Hamilton and Hornby. If not at their own clubs then on loan. I'm sure there will be other transfers. Forrest, Tierney and McGregor could all be of interest to big clubs while McKenna, McBurnie and Souttar could be targets for smaller EPL teams. Genuinely loking forward to seeing how McGinn gets on.

I'm also really looking forward to to seeing what Turnbull, Lewis Ferguson and Hastie will do and prolong runs in the side for Middleton and Johnston. Hearts to play Hickey, Cochrane and McDonald and a return to form for Griffiths.

Should be good.

Wow. A positive post. That’s a rare thing on here these days. 

There will no doubt be a lot of negative responses to balance it out. 

I think things are definitely looking up and if even half the young players who are showing real promise develop into very good players then I think we could be in for some better times. 

We’ve had some false dawns over the last few years so I’m not getting my hopes up too much but I don’t think things are anywhere near as bleak as we feared after the Kazakhstan debacle. 

Also with us just appointing a new manager it's a fresh start and a lot of players will want to try and impress Clarke . I'm quite optimistic about next season . I think the Belgium game has come too soon for this squad but we'll see . You never know 

16 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Have been thinking for a while that next season could be a huge one for Scottish players.

We'll have 3 players at EPL top 6 teams if Fraser moves. I'm also really hopeful that this will be a break through season for Gilmour, Hamilton and Hornby. If not at their own clubs then on loan. I'm sure there will be other transfers. Forrest, Tierney and McGregor could all be of interest to big clubs while McKenna, McBurnie and Souttar could be targets for smaller EPL teams. Genuinely loking forward to seeing how McGinn gets on.

I'm also really looking forward to to seeing what Turnbull, Lewis Ferguson and Hastie will do and prolong runs in the side for Middleton and Johnston. Hearts to play Hickey, Cochrane and McDonald and a return to form for Griffiths.

Should be good.

I think you are bang on there, a big season ahead full of promise. We are edging towards the '2020 vision' and we should hopefully start to see the first of the performance schools players make their breakthroughs. They are of course still very very young but for the likes of Gilmour etc this will hopefully just be the start for them in senior football. As you say we have some proper talent coming through at the minute, with a bit of luck a large percentage of them will go on to do big things. I have high hopes for Gilmour and Hornby down south. Domestically Turnbull and Johnston are the standout talents. I hope to see them all improve and all progressing to the full Scotland Squad by the end of the season. 

On 5/31/2019 at 8:14 PM, SkyBlueScot said:

Should be good.

Love the positivity of this post mate! I'm also really hopeful for next season. I think the key is keeping what we've got, and also adding some new excitement players. If we can do that then obviously things are moving in the right direction. In the past few years we've not been seeing that positive growth in the team and we've been losing older stalwarts. But now if we can start to fill in the gaps around Robbo, McTominay, Fraser, and Forrest then that could be very exciting indeed. I think McGregor, McGinn, and Armstrong already go some way to filling those gaps, and if one of Souttar, Bates, or McKenna takes it to the next level then we're in even better shape. And all of that isn't to mention the surprising success stories of the year to come that we don't even know about yet. Hopefully we see at least one other top class player emerge.