Forgiveness - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Here's several academic refutations of the source used in Ally's article above Graeme Wood.

https://www.salon.com/2015/02/20/this_stupidity_needs_to_end_why_the_atlantic_ny_post_are_clueless_about_islam/

by Dr H A Helyer

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/islamic-state-mystery-anti-history-historic-phenomenon-1583179932

Dr. Ramzy Baroud

Here's a scottish independence blog run by an academic talking about it too, just for some congnitive dissonance.

https://inthepublicsphere.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/why-graham-woods-isis-article-needs-correcting/

More criticism

https://thinkprogress.org/what-the-atlantic-left-out-about-isis-according-to-their-own-expert-afd98cf1c134/

https://www.salon.com/2015/02/19/the_atlantics_big_islam_lie_what_muslims_really_believe_about_isis/

Meanwhile my assertions are from the guy who helps inform policy for the UN security council and US government. I'm mental though :P

Edited by phart

To phart and Allly Bonga, take heed

Colossians 2:8King James Version (KJV)

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

The philosophers all worshipped the gods of mythology.  Same thing today which is why our days are named after the sun, moon and false gods, and also the planets.

Plato whose blueprint for a new world order was a worshipper of gods and goddesses.  At the beginning of the book The Republic, Plato is praying to a goddess - just like the Bible says people will do.

Please understand, there is only ONE God - the God of Israel, the Lord Jesus Christ. 

27 minutes ago, Kimba said:

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

The philosophers all worshipped the gods of mythology.  Same thing today which is why our days are named after the sun, moon and false gods, and also the planets.

Plato whose blueprint for a new world order was a worshipper of gods and goddesses.  At the beginning of the book The Republic, Plato is praying to a goddess - just like the Bible says people will do.

Please understand, there is only ONE God - the God of Israel, the Lord Jesus Christ. 

What about this?

Interesting that Sam Harris advocates Buddhism then.... not such an atheist after all.  Let's be clear, false worship is REBELLION against the true God.  A lot of this is propagated through secret societies, such as Freemasonry (all controlled by the Society of Jesus - aka the Roman Catholic Church). Here's to those who do their research ;) 

12 hours ago, Kimba said:

Yer task is complete - return to base...

22 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I find the Tamb much more interesting when phart is around. Keep up the good work, sir.:ok:

I think I have the current score at about Harris 1,  Atran 8. 

I am fairly confident there will be no big come back in this game.:lol:

You never noticed then that he succinctly diverted the thread to discredit Harris on his political views inferring that his views on the existance of God were to be ignored ? 

You never noticed that he never actually took issue with or addressed anything Harris said in the video about the existance of God - which the thread was about ?

I suppose i could have posted a video with great talks by Hawkins, Dennett, Hitchens, Dillahunty, Carrier, or Carroll on purely the existance of God but would it have really mattered ?

I'm sure the same tactic would have been employed - play the man not the ball - and you have to ask why

The ideology behind suicide bombers, Islamic terrorists, actions of the West and the part religion plays deserves a thread of it's own so i wont divert this one any further  

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

You never noticed then that he succinctly diverted the thread to discredit Harris on his political views inferring that his views on the existance of God were to be ignored ? 

You never noticed that he never actually took issue with or addressed anything Harris said in the video about the existance of God - which the thread was about ?

I suppose i could have posted a video with great talks by Hawkins, Dennett, Hitchens, Dillahunty, Carrier, or Carroll on purely the existance of God but would it have really mattered ?

I'm sure the same tactic would have been employed - play the man not the ball - and you have to ask why

The ideology behind suicide bombers, Islamic terrorists, actions of the West and the part religion plays deserves a thread of it's own so i wont divert this one any further  

There is no science in the existence of god. It's a pointless discussion, but you can make good money if you pick a side and play to the partisans.

18 hours ago, phart said:

There is no science in the existence of god. It's a pointless discussion, but you can make good money if you pick a side and play to the partisans.

1 Timothy 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

They're calling it science, and you're trusting in it.  They are initiates that hate the true God because they would rather satisfy their flesh in a TEMPORAL (temporary) world.  Please believe the gospel and you will have the righteousness of Christ imputed to you. :) 

There is a war, and it is for YOUR SOUL.  So do research.  Please do not be complacent when your soul is at stake.  Ok ?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is the summarization of the gospel of grace.  Trust in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Edited by Kimba

22 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

If ever a thread was in dire need of being sent off on a tangent, then this is it.:lol: