The Last Man on the Moon - Page 8 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Last Man on the Moon

6 hours ago, deecie said:

All around the world...

Correct.

Magellan was the first person to organise the first circumnavigation of the circular flat earth from East to West (1519-1522).

How come no one has circumnavigated the 'globe' from pole to pole?

I mean... it's 2017.

Wouldn't some nation like to take credit for doing that?

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Only because of what you have been indoctrinated with.

(Think of the effort it would take you to 'unlearn'.)

It's very telling that the only post of mine you've responded to is this one. Probably because it's the only one that gives you a chance to come out with something condescending which means absolutely nothing. 

You're trolling. Your attitude to a man who achieved huge amounts in his life is a hugely un-christian attitude. It's disgusting  Scott. 

You talk about the enemy all the time. He wouldn't want someone to perpetrate lies and ridiculous theories by any chance would he? He wouldn't want people to claim things that are false and create division based on false faith? He wouldn't want good men dishonoured and abused? 

You are the agent of the enemy. You've been fooled and misled in order to cause hatred and pain. 

11 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Everything changed after WW II.

'Operation Highjump' saw Admiral Byrd, a 33 degree Freemason, lead an expedition of 30 ships and 4700 militarized soldiers to see if they could find out what was after the ice wall.

Then in 'Operation Fishbowl', the Americans and The Russians fired 49 high altitude thermo nuclear rockets straight up into the sky before agreeing to a ban and going with their fake space programs instead.

'High jump'... 'Fishbowl'... get it?

I'm more inclined to believe the official history here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Highjump

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fishbowl

Out of interest do you have a satellite dish?

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

The Earth's stuffed crust?

That might explain why some folk are so worried about the polar ice melting. One wee hole in that ice wall and all the water would run off the edge. Not sure where it would go to though. Maybe it it would run underneath the earth and put out the fires of hell? So, maybe global warming is a good thing after all?

19 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The theory of gravity was needed to be invented to answer the question "If we are spinning really really fast, then why don't we fly off?"

Tennis-ball.jpg

I'm sure if Earth were spinning at several thousand rpm like that tennis ball we'd fly off too...

58 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

The tennis ball anology is'nt the best for lots of reasons, youd get that effect at 10's of rpm rather than 1000's rpm. The answer to your question is online and is a surprisingly low 0,011 rpm for someone on the equator neglecting lots of other factors of course.

Interesting. Although even at that speed a day would only last about 80 minutes so I doubt the planet would be particularly hospitable...

School-room physics: you know, where gravitational effect on an object is dependent on its mass. The oceans have rather more mass than a mosquito (which, when in flight, is 'working' to 'reduce' the effect; you don't get something for nothing). We witness curved water every day, whenever we see a droplet of the stuff, so we know water coheres (we even know why), so its oceanic mass is colossal.

You never got back to biffer to explain away the movement of dust on the moon, btw ...

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

What about curved water?

You guys believe in curved water on a 'globe'?

You know, where 'gravity' is strong enough to hold curved water in place on an ocean but not strong enough to keep a mosquito down?

Curved air is even lighter.

(just had a Sonja Kristina moment mmmmmmmmm)

8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

School-room physics: you know, where gravitational effect on an object is dependent on its mass. The oceans have rather more mass than a mosquito (which, when in flight, is 'working' to 'reduce' the effect; you don't get something for nothing). We witness curved water every day, whenever we see a droplet of the stuff, so we know water coheres (we even know why), so its oceanic mass is colossal.

You never got back to biffer to explain away the movement of dust on the moon, btw ...

He never does, because there's not an answer.

20 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

:ok:

When you are trying to educate the ignorant you should at least try to use the correct terminology to avoid confusion. ;)

To be fair, he only brought up curved air to get in the Sonja Kristina reference; I'd considered doing the same thing, but didn't think anyone on here would get it ... (plus, I always find the Stewart Copeland connection off-putting).

Flat Earth physics seem to have infiltrated my subconscious. It struck me in the shower earlier that if an object as bright as the sun was circling over a flat plane Earth, then surely there would be visible evidence of it at all times, ie it would never get dark?

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Flat Earth physics seem to have infiltrated my subconscious. It struck me in the shower earlier that if an object as bright as the sun was circling over a flat plane Earth, then surely there would be visible evidence of it at all times, ie it would never get dark?

Maybe it's not flat? Jist a crazy idea ,like.