Up and coming players - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Up and coming players

Scout

Heard from s very good source Man Utd and a lot of big English clubs are looking at - Billy Gilmour Rangers - Tony Gallagher Falkirk also a young St Mirrem centre back never got his name.

We are also fighting it out with England for Charlie Gilmour Arsenal and Mackenzie Heaney Newcastle who they say will have big futures in the game.

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

According to reports he's been invited down to Man Utd for a third trial.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4074872/Manchester-United-hand-trial-Livingston-teenager-Matthew-Knox-closes-Premier-League-move.html

The Dailymail stating that indeed.

Exciting for the kid but in reality probably not the best move at an age where you need to be playing and if you're somewhere you are playing, you should probably stay there for a bit.

25 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4074872/Manchester-United-hand-trial-Livingston-teenager-Matthew-Knox-closes-Premier-League-move.html

The Dailymail stating that indeed.

Exciting for the kid but in reality probably not the best move at an age where you need to be playing and if you're somewhere you are playing, you should probably stay there for a bit.

Agree he needs to be playing but if he is good (and I don't know whether he is or not) you'd want him to be playing a higher standard that he is now. 

On 30 December 2016 at 3:15 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Agree he needs to be playing but if he is good (and I don't know whether he is or not) you'd want him to be playing a higher standard that he is now. 

Funnily enough, outwith the OF, Livingston have the best record of any club for producing regular* Scottish Internationalists over the last 20 years.

*defining regular as ten or more caps.

38 minutes ago, aaid said:

Funnily enough, outwith the OF, Livingston have the best record of any club for producing regular* Scottish Internationalists over the last 20 years.

*defining regular as ten or more caps.

douglas, snodgrass, dorrans, who else? (griffiths has 9)

hibs have produced o'connor, brown, fletcher, whittaker and miller

Edited by LewisEDI

36 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

douglas, snodgrass, dorrans, who else? (griffiths has 9)

hibs have produced o'connor, brown, fletcher, whittaker and miller

Paul Hartley was produced by Hibs too - Signed for Hamilton after completing his S forms, as was Darren Fletcher till he moved to Man Utd at 15 wasn't he?

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Paul Hartley was produced by Hibs too - Signed for Hamilton after completing his S forms, as was Darren Fletcher till he moved to Man Utd at 15 wasn't he?

fletcher was at celtic i think, dont know about hartley. griffiths was at hibs before getting left go for being a bam, dont think u could dispute  darren fletcher was produced by man u though or say that players were produced at clubs before they were 16

Edited by LewisEDI

3 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

fletcher was at celtic i think, dont know about hartley. griffiths was at hibs before getting left go for being a bam, dont think u could dispute  darren fletcher was produced by man u though or say that players were produced at clubs before they were 16

Fletcher went South at 11. 11 FFS. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Did he? I seem to recall watching the victory shield when he was 14/15 and he wasn't yet committed to a side but had trained with various teams north and south of the border. That info isn't from his wikipedia is it? ;)

Edited by ProudScot

2 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Did he? I seem to recall watching the victory shield when he was 14/15 and he wasn't yet committed to a side but had trained with various teams north and south of the border. That info isn't from his wikipedia is it? ;)

Nah. My cousin who went to school and grew up with him. ;)

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

he was def at celtic not sure what age though and as i said that wouldnt mean they could take any credit for developing him. 

edit: (that old chestnut) 

"I was spotted by United when I was playing for Celtic Boys Club when I was about 12 and I started coming down during school holidays," said Fletcher.

"I kept doing that until I signed for the club on my 16th birthday. The manager had a big involvement in me coming here.

Edited by LewisEDI