Education In Scotland - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Education In Scotland

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Having taken a voluntary redundancy in order to gain experience of working with children so that I could apply for a teaching career, I'm fecking delighted tonight as I've been accepted for the PGDE for Primary Education at Dundee University. Been loving my 3 days a week in class, the children are brilliant and the teachers were very welcoming. Can't wait to get started in August. :cheers3:

Good on you.

Both my late parents were teachers and a few friends are current teachers and another is in teaching training now.

Tough profession and not appreciated and valued enough IMO.

Edited by fringo

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Having taken a voluntary redundancy in order to gain experience of working with children so that I could apply for a teaching career, I'm fecking delighted tonight as I've been accepted for the PGDE for Primary Education at Dundee University. Been loving my 3 days a week in class, the children are brilliant and the teachers were very welcoming. Can't wait to get started in August. :cheers3:

Well done Sir. :ok:That's the Scottish Education system sorted oot. Le's move on to the next SNPBAD topic.:lol:

Mind you, if the next generation of kids come through the system not being able to rite, read or count, we will know who to blame.

29 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

:lol: nise wun.

To be honest, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with them not being able to write or count. Sure, they need to be able to read, but every single one of them walks around with a calculator and typewriter permanently attached to their body. And, the wee fukers can type at least 3 times faster than I can write.:lol:

Good luck, you're going to need it.;)

15 hours ago, fringo said:

Good on you.

Both my late parents were teachers and a few friends are current teachers and another is in teaching training now.

Tough profession and not appreciated and valued enough IMO.

I am toying with the idea and if i was offered voluntary just now i'd take and do what killiefaetheferry has done.

My mum's a teacher, my aunt was, my sister is, my brother is, 4 of my cousins are, so i think it's in the family!

14 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Nah, 9am start :wtf:. But 3.15pm finish so could be in the pub for half 3 :spin::beer2:

You'll get a half day on a Friday though?

It's no much wonder the kids don't learn much at school these days.They're never fukin there.  

47 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hmmmm..........maybe I should have researched the pay and conditions before embarking on this course of action.........

Is the holiday entitlement any good ?

Your teacher pals will all moan about not being able to take holidays when the they want to. And you only get 12 weeks.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I am toying with the idea and if i was offered voluntary just now i'd take and do what killiefaetheferry has done.

My mum's a teacher, my aunt was, my sister is, my brother is, 4 of my cousins are, so i think it's in the family!

:ok: