Forrest Is Shite - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forrest Is Shite

Kirk

Regardless of his merits or otherwise (I want him to be good), the fundamental problem is his total lack of game/space awareness - no idea what is around him, when to move into space or track runners. For that reason alone he is simply not up to performing at this level.

agree with this, was pulling my hair oot watching him

that and the fact he turns his back on the runner nearly every time, defensive liability that is pish going forward. wouldnt have him in squad personally never min first XI

Noticed that also. He was constantly out of position defensively, getting dragged about leaving his wing exposed and not following runners. Was relying on his pace to get himself out of trouble.

When I watch Forrest and this last few days think about some of Ralphe Milne performances and consider he was never capped it really does make you wonder. Read a quote from Sturrock that not being capped really irked Ralphe. When he sees the likes of Forrest getting all these caps it is not surprising

• 5 weeks later...

Not a huge fan of Forrest, but thought he played very well last night.

Only poor moment was that scuffled shot which I'm not sure if meant or was in two minds as to pass it to the player to his left.

I thought he played very well last night, especially considering he was being double marked. Gained a lot of goodwill from me certainly.

Defensively he was appalling though, left Whittaker exposed countless times as he pulled up his socks

And there is one of our biggest problems inWGS's system.Some players having to play up the park and at the back.Requires too much energy.Energy that eg. Forrest doesn't have.