Midweek fitba - Page 29 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Midweek fitba

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BlueGaz

I had similiar the other day on the train.  There was a few lads with music on, they were playing Gangsters Paradise.  I mean, why are we so blind?  The only ones they hurt are you and me.  Really upset me actually, not sure where to vent my frustration, so hope you don't mind me doing it on here.

5 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

If Celtic beat Kilmarnock on Saturday then the top 6 will be confirmed, any chance of the SPFL releasing the post split fixtures if this happens, or do we have to wait until week 33 is over?

You'd like to think so but knowing the spfl they'll wait. Think they'll have a few fixture headaches to sort out as well.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

I had similiar the other day on the train.  There was a few lads with music on, they were playing Gangsters Paradise.  I mean, why are we so blind?  The only ones they hurt are you and me.  Really upset me actually, not sure where to vent my frustration, so hope you don't mind me doing it on here.

I hope you manged to keep your coolio

1 minute ago, Donaldo87 said:

You'd like to think so but knowing the spfl they'll wait. Think they'll have a few fixture headaches to sort out as well.

It's only going to be Kilmarnock or Thistle, so you'd like to think they'd have fixtures for "scenario a or b" sorted out already, just waiting to be released.

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Reevesy said:

I hope you manged to keep your coolio

:lol: I really tried hard, it made me take a look at my life and I realised there is nothin' left/

33 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

:lol:

Forgot all about that one! Not heard that for years either

"and when the music stops, fuk King Billy and John Knox"

Pretty tragic stuff tbh :wtf:

A few years ago my mate an myself were on a train heading south and there was a group of older ladies [over 60's club] having a nice sing song, the usual nice scottish folk songs etc.

They then break into Roaming in the Gloaming  [correct version]  - it gets to the part of "when the music stop"  we could'nt  help ourselves and added the "fuk king billy & john knox" !!  - this little lady with the full tweed suit on said in a posh Edinburgh accent -

"Young man we do not need that sort of language added to our songs" !!!

I apologised  and she said "even if they are prody bastards" !!!!!

19 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

How to avoid sending Rangers to parkhead a 3rd time?

Edited by sbcmfc

11 minutes ago, wellyman said:

A few years ago my mate an myself were on a train heading south and there was a group of older ladies [over 60's club] having a nice sing song, the usual nice scottish folk songs etc.

They then break into Roaming in the Gloaming  [correct version]  - it gets to the part of "when the music stop"  we could'nt  help ourselves and added the "fuk king billy & john knox" !!  - this little lady with the full tweed suit on said in a posh Edinburgh accent -

"Young man we do not need that sort of language added to our songs" !!!

I apologised  and she said "even if they are prody bastards" !!!!!

Were any of them called Jeanette? ;)

26 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

If Celtic beat Kilmarnock on Saturday then the top 6 will be confirmed, any chance of the SPFL releasing the post split fixtures if this happens, or do we have to wait until week 33 is over?

Saturday April 29, 2017
Ladbrokes Premiership
Rangers v Celtic
Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 12 noon

Announced last Friday. 

Don't know about the others. Probably still to be announced?

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

How to avoid sending Rangers to parkhead a 3rd time?

That fixture (at Ibrox) has already been confirmed, which is pretty ridiculous.

The Celtic website confirmed it as Celtic v Rangers and I thought we had in fact been given a 3rd home game against them, would have been amusing watching the social media meltdown.

The Celtic website confirmed it as Celtic v Rangers and I thought we had in fact been given a 3rd home game against them, would have been amusing watching the social media meltdown.

Almost as funny as the conspiracy theorists who are convinced that the game has been announced as we needed it on that date to be able to pay the bills!

Rangers should be the one that gets shafted on the fixtures as they are the lowest seeded team. So it should've been a possibility. Was never going to happen though.

When's Accies v Motherwell?

14 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Almost as funny as the conspiracy theorists who are convinced that the game has been announced as we needed it on that date to be able to pay the bills!

Not heard that one, but am happy to accept it as an absolute fact :D

Did it come from Phil the Celtic fan, who never talks about Celtic?

21 minutes ago, silverbear said:

Saturday April 29, 2017
Ladbrokes Premiership
Rangers v Celtic
Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 12 noon

Announced last Friday. 

Don't know about the others. Probably still to be announced?

Yeah seen that. I was more interested in when our game at Pittodrie was going to be though.

Had a feeling Rangers v Celtic would be the first game after the split.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Not heard that one, but am happy to accept it as an absolute fact :D

Did it come from Phil the Celtic fan, who never talks about Celtic?

I seen it on that Kerrydale Meltdown twitter which has some comedy gold on it.  Seen another one this morning about that Paul Larkin roaster who is trying to crowdfund £15K so he can make a film that proves Rangers are a new club!  He's quantafied that by assuring potential "investors" that he won't be taking a fee!  The scary thing is he'll probably get it!

Just now, sbcmfc said:

Kidding aside, is it just me that thinks there's something seriously wrong about announcing 1 post split fixture, 1st v 3rd/4th.

No,it's not just you. I totally agree.

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Kidding aside, is it just me that thinks there's something seriously wrong about announcing 1 post split fixture, 1st v 3rd/4th.

Nope, it's utterly pathetic. It's a continuation of the SPFL undermining and demeaning it's own "product".

Honestly, our game is run by absolute clowns. 

7 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I seen it on that Kerrydale Meltdown twitter which has some comedy gold on it.  Seen another one this morning about that Paul Larkin roaster who is trying to crowdfund £15K so he can make a film that proves Rangers are a new club!  He's quantafied that by assuring potential "investors" that he won't be taking a fee!  The scary thing is he'll probably get it!

Wouldn't be me taking part in or donating for anything like that, but if the media and SFA weren't compliant in a complete lie then it wouldn't be happening in the first place.

I prefer just to ask folk why Rangers were allowed to vote on "Rangers" being parachuted into the top league, and which of the two clubs they support.

15 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Wouldn't be me taking part in or donating for anything like that, but if the media and SFA weren't compliant in a complete lie then it wouldn't be happening in the first place.

I prefer just to ask folk why Rangers were allowed to vote on "Rangers" being parachuted into the top league, and which of the two clubs they support.

Which is a fair enough stance to take.  There are people who are literally obsessed with it though to the point where it can't be good for their health.  Anyway, lets not open up that particular can of worms again!

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

It is wrong,but let's not kid ourselves that they give any sort of fvck about the other 10 teams in the league. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

It's what makes them money on television. No other reason for it