They're After Mhairi Black Again - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

They're After Mhairi Black Again

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Hard to know what's more predictable. People being outraged at Mhairi Black wearing a white poppy or you being outraged at the outrage.  I'll go with the latter. 

Just click the "ignore" option for my posts aaid. There's a good chap.

I'm not rising to it. Your not going to provoke a massive lash out from me that would get me banned.

As I said click the "ignore" option and have a nice day :ok:

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Appeared on Peston on Sunday today.

She was wearing the white poppy of the Peace Pledge Union.

Tabloid press and BritNats have went fecking mental.

I'm sure white poppies will be banned in the new Nazi state of Great Britain. 

Where have the tabloid press and Britnats went mental about Mhairi Black wearing a white poppy then?

i can't see any articles slating her on the Daily Mail, Express or Sun websites.  I haven't bothered to look at the Record or Scottish Sun but I'd be amazed if they ran with anything like that.

i did a search on Twitter for "Black Poppy" and there were some unsupportive tweets as you would expect.  There were five, of which two could be considered offensive.  There were also seven supportive tweets and eleven neutral tweets, most of which were simply retweets of this article in the Independent which itself is entirely neutral.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/mhairi-black-white-poppy-meaning-robert-peston-a7401261.html?cmpid=facebook-post

In fact the most popular results seemed to be tweets about Tall Poppy Radio playing tracks by a band called Black Limousine.  

Creating false outrage like this is the same sort of garbage that the likes JK Rowling and Blair McDougall come out with about Cybernats and does us no help whatsoever.  Don't stoop to those tactics and don't make things up, it just backfires.

42 minutes ago, aaid said:

Where have the tabloid press and Britnats went mental about Mhairi Black wearing a white poppy then?

i can't see any articles slating her on the Daily Mail, Express or Sun websites.  I haven't bothered to look at the Record or Scottish Sun but I'd be amazed if they ran with anything like that.

i did a search on Twitter for "Black Poppy" and there were some unsupportive tweets as you would expect.  There were five, of which two could be considered offensive.  There were also seven supportive tweets and eleven neutral tweets, most of which were simply retweets of this article in the Independent which itself is entirely neutral.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/mhairi-black-white-poppy-meaning-robert-peston-a7401261.html?cmpid=facebook-post

In fact the most popular results seemed to be tweets about Tall Poppy Radio playing tracks by a band called Black Limousine.  

Creating false outrage like this is the same sort of garbage that the likes JK Rowling and Blair McDougall come out with about Cybernats and does us no help whatsoever.  Don't stoop to those tactics and don't make things up, it just backfires.

I did a quick search first link was to The Independent explaining what the white poppy is and the second was to this thread, the first tabloid link was to The Express article about Mhari's anti-Trident speach.