Dry trains? - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dry trains?

Squirrelhumper

5 minutes ago, Butthead said:

I work on the railway that 0952 is always dry because it used to be full of blootered women going to Newcastle for hen nights.

They have blokes going round checking for drinking but if it's done in the shade then it'll be no bother. 

Seriously? At 0952? And does that mean there's no other trains with pissed up hen parties? Just seems a bit arbitrary that's all, but I can't imagine being blootered pre 10am!!!

To be honest though, blootered birds on a morning train heading away for the weekend ought to be highly encouraged....

4 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Seriously? At 0952? And does that mean there's no other trains with pissed up hen parties? Just seems a bit arbitrary that's all, but I can't imagine being blootered pre 10am!!!

To be honest though, blootered birds on a morning train heading away for the weekend ought to be highly encouraged....

Yeah, it's only dry until Newcastle though, after that you can do as you please.

I was in Newcastle for a stagger this summer and was told (at the ticket office) that if I wanted a drink I should take the 7:52 instead.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not seen it mentioned but all trains southbound are dry on 11/11.

:yikes3: better not be!!

We are on the West coast line so all good there!? West is best!

Edited by Chris frae Killie