Aberdeen v Celtic - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen v Celtic

Just now, aaid said:

I suspect he's the only one that's active at a reasonably high level that's commenting though. 

So you've nothing to add to the debate here. Cheers dude :ok: 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the highlights.

Yellow card for a player from each side seems to be the standard response to such an incident. (Which can be frustrating when the main aggressor gets the same punishment as the victim).

Brown didn't scud the ball off Shinnie, but I've no doubt he meant it, and Hayes reaction could've merited a red another day.

Penalty claim was on the soft side, again it's a frustration that he probably would've got it had he thrown himself to ground, so he's at a disadvantage trying to stay on his feet.

Off on a slight tangent, in the old firm game, when Dembele scored, Leigh Griffiths jumped the wall into the stand, but only Dembele got booked. You're not going to book every player that leaves the park in this situation, but given some of the harsh bookings where guys have gone 2 feet over the byeline, to get in the stand when there's a running track surely warrants a yellow. If they only book one, does it have to be the goalscorer?

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Judging by that last post, neither do you :moon:

I do. I've asked Cove to clear up his viewpoint as I disagree. You've just said "Cove referees at a higher level than you, so he must be right". 

No idea why you've decided to pick a fight tbh. :lol:

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Based on Craig Gordon's yellow in midweek, a Celtic player will have to decapitate someone to get sent off.

:lol:

I just saw that yesterday. Unbelievable how that was only a booking! The World's against Celtic right enough though. :rolleyes:

On 10/29/2016 at 5:29 PM, EddardStark said:

Scotland fans sang it at Wembley at the last game as they came up the escalators.

I was there and heard it loud and clear. I found it funny then since he is/was English.  Probably been used too often to see the funny side now and I hope we come up with something more witty on the 11th. 

I don't get why Aberdeen or Rangers fans sing it though. Makes little sense. 

Anyway, I hope the woman that was struck with a coin fully recovers and CCTV catches the coward. Twice in a week Celtic fans have drawn blood by throwing objects. -20 points would suffice. 

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Yellow card for a player from each side seems to be the standard response to such an incident. (Which can be frustrating when the main aggressor gets the same punishment as the victim).

Brown didn't scud the ball off Shinnie, but I've no doubt he meant it, and Hayes reaction could've merited a red another day.

Penalty claim was on the soft side, again it's a frustration that he probably would've got it had he thrown himself to ground, so he's at a disadvantage trying to stay on his feet.

Off on a slight tangent, in the old firm game, when Dembele scored, Leigh Griffiths jumped the wall into the stand, but only Dembele got booked. You're not going to book every player that leaves the park in this situation, but given some of the harsh bookings where guys have gone 2 feet over the byeline, to get in the stand when there's a running track surely warrants a yellow. If they only book one, does it have to be the goalscorer?

Abdul Osman was booked for excessively celebrating his last minute winner on Saturday but he didn't leave the pitch. Another Thistle player jumped on to his back forcing him out of the field of play. 

A couple of Thistle fans who ran on the pitch wouldn't have helped either right enough. 

Means his inevitable suspension will come sooner than later. 

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Watching the recent OF game I did a mental tally of the amount of bookings there would have been had the ref applied the same criteria as his colleague had to Hearts in the game against Celtic at the start of the season. I stopped counting at 30.

2 hours ago, OLAS said:

Abdul Osman was booked for excessively celebrating his last minute winner on Saturday but he didn't leave the pitch. Another Thistle player jumped on to his back forcing him out of the field of play. 

A couple of Thistle fans who ran on the pitch wouldn't have helped either right enough. 

Means his inevitable suspension will come sooner than later. 

This is marvin Johnsons at killie....

5350686.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

This is Griffiths...

moussa-dembele-rangers-i-kupada-uzdu-888

Edited by sbcmfc

1 hour ago, Pool Q said:

Watching the recent OF game I did a mental tally of the amount of bookings there would have been had the ref applied the same criteria as his colleague had to Hearts in the game against Celtic at the start of the season. I stopped counting at 30.

Is that not just the normal count for a Hearts game? :spin: